Skip to content

Installation and Deployment

Your Qt just doesn't want to build? Your compiler can't find the libs? Here's where you find comfort and understanding. And help.
9.5k Topics 49.7k Posts
QtWS25 Call for Papers
  • SQLite with QT SDK 1.1

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    K

Thanks. Now I got the point:-)

• Debian Linux under Windows 7 If and how.

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    2k Views
    T

Thank you very much, Denis. It's unbelievable what's out there. :D

• Help with Ovi certificate testing!

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    L

These pages describe how to sign an app using command line.

I used Qt creator's project settings UI to do it. I suppose it's the same as command line..

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    3k Views
    F

[quote author="Rigoletto" date="1296715826"]Hi, thanks for the answer, but cant find 2.1, i guess you mean Qt SDK 1.1: http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/01/20/qt-sdk-1-1-technology-preview-released/
    [/quote]

My bad... You are right. I meant the SDK 1.1 (preview) that comes with the Qt Creator 2.1 (Preview)

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    T

We're looking into this and will fix it ASAP. Thanks for letting us know.

• Start: Linux or OS X, what developing env?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    H

Yes, I'm thinking that maybe remote compile is again supported in OS X in Qt SDK 1.1 Tech preview. So I'll try either that or ubuntu version. Thanks for help!

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    A

If I check the installed apps. Qt installer is listed in it. But If I try to install fluidlauncher.sis it gives the error Qt4.07(1) or newer required

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    C

I downloaded an older version from the archives and it compiled with just the configure and mingw32-make commands.

• License for embedded systems versus PC apps

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • GLIBCXX_3.4.9 problem

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    11k Views
    G

Compiling everything yourself is always a second option - not really convenient, though, but saves you an OS upgrade :-)

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    7k Views
    G

which example? Do you have the QtSolution for the service?
    And installing the service != compiling sources.

So you have a compiler problem (or a linker problem).

are you buiilding debug?
    did you add QtSolutions_Service to your sources?

• Qt - Database Module in Windows 7 and Linux

0 Votes
    16 Posts
    7k Views
    G

In earlier versions, the MSVS integration was not in Open source editiopns, and perhaps the MSVS configs. But is was never said, that compiler might not be used. Before 4.x (3?), k there was no open source version for windows....

with Qt 4.3, there was a "minGW version for open source for windows":http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2007/09/18/qtwindows-open-source-edition-to-support-vs-express/

As stated in that article, since 4.4 it is also open source for windows with MSVS compiler.

• Visual Studio 2005 and Qt 4.6.3

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    ZlatomirZ

If you are trying to rebuild the SDK you might get errors because of the previous build (SDK is already build with MingW)

I suggest you download the source (4.7.1) from "here":http://get.qt.nokia.com/qt/source/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.7.1.zip or older source can be found "here":ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qt/source/

And then, after you unzip the archive, you do this (from the VS command prompt navigate to the unzipped Qt folder):

configure.exe (with desired parameters) nmake (it will build everyting including examples and demos...)
    or alternate...
    nmake sub-src (build the framework)
    then
    nmake sub-tools (build the tools: Designer...) install the VS add-in
  • Deployment on windows

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    2k Views
    W

Yes I saw, I compiled all with QtCreator. I didn't have problem with libraries but with plugins. Now I solved.

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    F

Also had the problem, but your solution worked. Thank you!

Env:
    Ubuntu 10.10 / Maverick Meerkat
    Qt 4.7.1
    QtMobility 1.1.0 (final)

• Build fails on msvc2005

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    5k Views
    G

[quote author="Mattias Cibien" date="1295642172"]
    I have built Qt once on msvc2005 and it was almost a mess (but was the old 4.2/3 which had to be patched). Then with 2008 everything went fine :-p. Still too long to build however[/quote]

I never had problems with this combination. No error, no patch. Strange. But fortunately I can use the prebuilt binaries nowadays. The most annoying thing was the compile time - no "make -j8" ... it took ages.

• Qpatch for qt-opensource

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    D

You can't "move" the Qt installation dir so easily -- paths are hardcoded into the binaries, and the SDK installer binary patches them. Instead, give a look to qt.conf.

• Automated testing problems

0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Compile errors in qdbusconnection.h

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    J

Are you including QtDBus in your project under windows? DBus isn't supported on windows at this time

• QtCreator default SDK

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    B

Thanks. I thought there was also a QTPATH variable that could be set for the default, but that doesn't work. I set it to 4.7.1, created a new instance, and it gave me both QT in PATH and 4.7.1, where both were checked. I guess I have to make the choice at create time, and then manually change it if I add something that needs a more recent build. The only thing here is, if I wanted to enforce an environment for several programmers using the same box, it would be nice to be able to set up a system environment variable which would cause any newly created projects to use the path given in that variable.
    Thanks.