Skip to content

Installation and Deployment

Your Qt just doesn't want to build? Your compiler can't find the libs? Here's where you find comfort and understanding. And help.
9.0k Topics 49.8k Posts
  • Qt with OpenVG

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    ?

for windows, you can get the khronos RI form the khronos website, this is high on quality, and slower.

there are a couple of other RIs (amanithvg, ginkovg), some commercial too

• Building Windows version with OpenSSL support

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    ?

if that works, you could add the step by step instructions in a wiki page for other users. will help us all :)

• Visual Studio 2005 no longer supported?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    7k Views
    V

Thank you for your help, it works now. (wow, it took over 6 hours to compile and build)

But at least you have one more enthusiastic Qt programmer.

• Slackware Qt4.3.2 postgres8.4

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    H

Run "qmake" with the correct -I flags in src/plugins/sqldrivers/psql. Make sure libqsqlpsql.so is created. Run "make install" as well to install the Qt SQL plugin into the destination dir. Make sure libqsqlplsql.so ends up in plugins/sqldrivers in your destination directory. Then, make sure you run the sqlbrowser that is linked against your version of Qt, not the installed one. The PostgreSQL driver should now show up.

If not, set the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS environment variable to "1" and check the debug output.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    ?

seems to be a problem with the linux version. i tried with win32 and helios, the context menus seem fine. probably you should just log a bug against this

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    R

I forgot to Mention, it's the open source SDK for windows.

Qt 4.6.3 SDK
    Qt Creator 2.0.0

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    G

Yes, I am in a network.

While googling I came across a utility which captures the snapshot of web page and is called CutyCapt. This also uses QTWebkit for achieving this. I tried running this app and saw that it gives a blank page as the out put instead of the webpage snapshot.

Whereas if I run the IECapt utility which also gives snapshot of web page but implemented in C#, it gives proper output and I could see the snapshot of the specified URL.

So I doub that I might be missing something in case of QT. But I am not getting it.

Please do the needful.

Regards,
    Madhu

• 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    15k Views
    S

It shouldn't increase more than QtCore and QtGui has size, or you are including other modules than those two in too?

• QtCreator freezes through ssh

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    H

I got a few freezes since QDBus ran into time outs. I suggest to run a debug version of creator in gdb, and when it freezes, hit CTRL-C in gdb and get a backtrace.

• Qt app deployment and SQLite

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    R

Hi Tobias,

Thanks for the info. I got it working now.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    M

(Moved to "Installation and Deployment" now)

• Virus in Qt/Win 2010.04 Testcon.exe?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    D

I think it is just a paranoia of antivirus heuristic algorithm.

• Static linked pre-compiled Qt binaries?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    9k Views
    T

People wanting to statically link against Qt usually want to strip out classes and modules they do not need, etc. So most of them build Qt themselves anyway.

Static linking to Qt further may further limit the licensing options of your code. Please study the licensing options of Qt to avoid surprises here.

• Can't install qt-mobility 1.0.1

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    T

The qmldir files need to get copied into (a subdirectory of) the directory you are building in. Looks like that fails for you. Please open a bugreport against QTMOBILITY in our "bugtracker":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/.

• QT4 4.6.2 && Slackware 13.1

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    8k Views
    L

No, compilation fails:
    @
    /mnt/temporanea/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/lib/libQtGui.a(qpnghandler.o): In function QPngHandlerPrivate::readPngHeader()': qpnghandler.cpp:(.text+0x866): undefined reference to png_set_longjmp_fn'
    /mnt/temporanea/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/lib/libQtGui.a(qpnghandler.o): In function QPngHandlerPrivate::readPngImage(QImage*)': qpnghandler.cpp:(.text+0xffb): undefined reference to png_set_longjmp_fn'
    /mnt/temporanea/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/lib/libQtGui.a(qpnghandler.o): In function QPNGImageWriter::writeImage(QImage const&, int, QString const&, int, int)': qpnghandler.cpp:(.text+0x1fc1): undefined reference to png_set_longjmp_fn'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    @