Skip to content

Installation and Deployment

Your Qt just doesn't want to build? Your compiler can't find the libs? Here's where you find comfort and understanding. And help.
9.5k Topics 49.7k Posts
QtWS25 Call for Papers
  • 0 Votes
    34 Posts
    13k Views
    Q

If Qt mobility is correctly installed in your PC.
    Then you can find qmediarecorder.h in the path : C:\NokiaQtSDK\Simulator\QtMobility\mingw\include\QtMultimediaKit

• Need help in installing qt mobility

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    A

see this link: "http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Setting_up_environment_for_Qt_Mobility_API":http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Setting_up_environment_for_Qt_Mobility_API

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    K

[quote author="quocanle" date="1292976257"]>> run all demo at the same time is a suicide :P

:) Not at the same time. I just want a way to verify that the compiler I am using is able to build everything, and that the demos run correctly.

I don't want to go through and click all 120+ demos and check to see if it runs correctly.

On linux, I think there is a "test/auto" directory that would build and run the demos and produce output to xml files, but I have not done it.

I do not see the same directories on windows.[/quote]

btw which is the compiler you are referring to.

• Shipping Qt libraries on new machines

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Thanks for the answers!

• Building qmake failed

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    11k Views
    G

Hi,

if you want to build qt statically for windows, "here":http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/How_to_build_a_static_Qt_version_for_Windows_with_gcc is a description how to do it

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Compiling Phonon Application in Ubunutu 10.10

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    P

Try with sudo apt-get install libphonon-dev

• Windows Mobile & Qt app launching problem

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    K

[quote author="MamdouhAlShamy" date="1292336841"]unfortunately YES[/quote]
    Then probably you are missing something when packaging it. I dont have much idea about WM Qt. Hope someone more experienced responds to this thread.

• Linux Command to download + install Qt4.7

0 Votes
    10 Posts
    32k Views
    M

You can always download latest source from qt, get build file from repo, update it (in most cases it will be just bumping version) and create own package.

• Creating a new mkspec for win32-msvc2008

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    5k Views
    G

No, that name is simply what you need to match "QMAKESPEC" to (or the "-spec" option to "configure").

Can you post (or pastebin) that Makefile?

• Qt 4.7.1 Symbian Development on Linux

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    4k Views
    M

I think that the remote compiler option works quite well, but of course, Linux support would be great!

• 0 Votes
    14 Posts
    20k Views
    B

[quote author="kryptobs2000" date="1292168911"]Yeah, that's where it came from then. I think I may even have two copies of mingw sitting around, probably not the best idea (though only 1 is on the path I believe). So should I uninstall mingw? I didn't think Qt came with mingw, which I take it you're implying should have been installed for me?[/quote]

The Qt SDK comes with mingw. The binary Qt distribution does not.

• Qt/MeeGo/etc. repository

0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    G

Thanks! Although I have to admit, I haven't really done very much which would qualify as "help" - mostly all I did was take the existing Debian rules and munge them to build "~gcs0+lucid" and "~gcs0+maverick" builds. I did write the Debian stuff for Qt Components, though, so you're right, I really should send that up as an MR. :)

• 0 Votes
    13 Posts
    11k Views
    G

My error - apparently qmake only does that for Unix-style Makefiles...

So amending that, just change into that directory and run:
    @qmake -o Makefile.Debug WebCore.pro -d -d >qmake.dbg 2>&1@

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    26k Views
    E

Thank you for answers.

• 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    A

good job, fifth. :-)

As you've seen in the comments, the file you mentioned is part of libjpeg. So, the solution from Qt's perspective is to set NO_GETENV. I think libjpeg developers will like to know about this issue.

• How to integrate Qt CE to VS2005

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    K

I don't use VS2005. But if you can elaborate more on the error received someone aware of it can help you out.

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    A

[quote author="theuser" date="1291768946"]edit: ah and thank you for the link to the newer tutorials i didnt know the one i worked with was "out of date"(though i guess the basic concepts are still the same)[/quote]

Indeed, the concepts are still the same. Also, it is a Qt 4 example so it is expected to work with Qt 4.7 too.

I just pointed it's old because I could not find in the Qt 4.7 sources :-P

• Qt Creator unable to locate plugins

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    F

Just in case: have you installed qt-mobility after compiling it? (make install?)

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    I

I've never had such issue either. Try the latest sources (git)