Skip to content

Installation and Deployment

Your Qt just doesn't want to build? Your compiler can't find the libs? Here's where you find comfort and understanding. And help.
9.5k Topics 49.7k Posts
QtWS25 Call for Papers
  • 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    kkoehneK

That BitDefender is also complaining is no surprise, since FSecure & BitDefender seems to use the same engine (Aquarius)

• Brand new to QT--Can't deploy

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    G

Qt is the libs, Qt creator an IDE like Visual Studio.

Deploying an app is equally complicated with both IDEs :-)

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    C

[quote author="butters" date="1289581791"]
    Lets say I build my QT dynamic linked and then link my app against it.
    Can my app still use some static linked plugins from QT by doing Q_IMPORT_PLUGIN or thats also not possible.
    [/quote]

It's possible. Just make sure you put a CONFIG += static into the .pro file for the plugin...

• Qt installation in Symbian

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    A

[quote author="juissi" date="1289545747"]Yes, that was what I said. Also why qt_installer.sis doesn't force to C if only that works?[/quote]

The first 4.6 packages where installed on C: without prompt the user about it.
    I guess it has changed due to devices where it does not fit in c: - I agree with you it should be automatically installed in C:

• 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    5k Views
    ?

denis, thanks :)

• Deploy on mac with macdeploytq -app to big

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    J

Forget my last post, with was a app made with Qt, but the 15Mb was the size of the dmg, the app was about 40Mb. My mistake.

• Cmake vs .pro

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    T

[quote author="Tobias Hunger" date="1289379968"]I am afraid you will now need to dive into the CMake build system![/quote]
    :) Thanks again for your input! Not sure how to make this topic 'solved' but the original question is answered. I'm not going to post again, when I figured out Cmake, it's not part of the thread.

b.t.w. It doesn't matter what I need to do. Now I have a clear path and do not need to wonder am I on the right track. Plus if the original programmer(s) ever comes back, no surprises for them, they put a lot of work into this program.

• 0 Votes
    11 Posts
    43k Views
    T

As you might have noticed: The cosmetic issue is resolved in master, but unfortunately not in the 2.1 branch where we released a beta of today.

I just wanted to make sure we did not have some additional problem lurking somewhere:-)

• Old SDK version

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    P

I'm rather interested in latest minor releases of major versions, so I've just created a wiki page
    http://wiki.qt.io/Qt_Versions

It lacks information you're looking for, but it's still useful IMO. You can also improve its content providing details about not mentioned SDK versions (but then, for consistency, rather all versions should be mentioned).

EDIT (2015-08-15): Fixed link.

• Setup executable creators

0 Votes
    12 Posts
    6k Views
    S

I use InnoSetup on Windows. It is free even for commercial projects. NSIS doesn't have a wizard, so you have to write the script by hand. On Linux, make a .rpm / .deb package, and on Mac, use a .dmg image.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    J

I found this link:
    "https://github.com/FilipBE/qtextended/":https://github.com/FilipBE/qtextended/

Is that the same stuff?

But the question is also if it is possible to get Qt Extended as LGPL and not GPL?
    (that github copy seems like a GPL copy...)

• 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    Z

i tried git clone from gitorious for the latest code, same error.
    spoken with Alex Blasche at qt developer conference and he suggested that i open a bug: "http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTMOBILITY-688 ":http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTMOBILITY-688

• 0 Votes
    4 Posts
    11k Views
    Z

thanks! I just need to reinstall it.
    [quote author="coca-cola-planet" date="1284393552"]

you can remove it like this, those developers should add this somewhere ! like next to the download text

linuxmint ~ # cd /opt
    linuxmint opt # ls
    qtsdk-2010.04
    linuxmint opt # sudo ./qtsdk-2010.04/bin/uninstall
    linuxmint opt #
    [/quote]

• Menus changed between 4.6 & 4.7?

0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    S

Wonderful. All is now clear. Many thanks.

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    3k Views
    No one has replied
  • How to build phonon backend with gstreamer ?

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    L

Isn't there any package called phonon-gstreamer (or something like that) for your distribution?

• Create a Qt project composed by other project

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    Q

I'm not able to understand, could you please send me an example or post a link with it.
    My email address is cervelli.leonardo@gmail.com
    Thanks and sorry.

• Include files

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    T

To anselmolsen: Thanks. You were right on target. As seconded by Pavanesh. It does work, even for me; the proverbial Hello program did compile just right now.

To Volker: A little known IDE called wxDev-C++. You open the environment menu, and simply choose and click, where the include files are, libraries, where your targets ought to be and so on. The IDE not in the professional class off IDEs, (neiher am I btw) but once you're done selecting, the path(s) are written into a 'make' file for any compiler you choose. Very fast, and you don't worry about a typo. I love this IDE, but unfortunately, my hobby is growing and I have to move on.

To all: Thanks for those quick responses. :D

• Customizing navigation components

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    G

QLabels cannot get the keyboard focus, so I don't understand what you mean by "navigating among them". Could you explain that further?

• Qt installation (with vs10)

0 Votes
    37 Posts
    25k Views
    G

For the previously created project: As far as I know you can set the Qt version to be used afterwards, that should set the appropriate include paths.

You probably can delete the .cpp files. All of the .h files are definitely needed. But I won't do that. The disk space you gain is not that much and it's not worth the effort, IMHO. If you really want you can delete the examples subdir, but I won't do that either, because it's a good source to sneak how the trolls do certain things :-)