Skip to content

Installation and Deployment

Your Qt just doesn't want to build? Your compiler can't find the libs? Here's where you find comfort and understanding. And help.
9.5k Topics 49.7k Posts
QtWS25 Call for Papers
  • Qt Compile Error in Vista/VS2008

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    J

marcelopaz Have you updated your Visual Studio with all the latest updates? Especially SP1?

I have found this "thread":http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vclanguage/thread/5abc3918-af6e-40e4-9962-40d90edefb1e that is about your issue however I suggest to check for updates using Microsoft Update.

• Open GL ES library name (on Windows Mobile)

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    L

OK. Managed to solve this myself. In mkspecs/common/wince/qmake.conf I simply changed the line defining the name(s) of the GLES libraries to:

QMAKE_LIBS_OPENGL_ES1 = libGLESv1_CM.lib libEGL.lib

However, this just led to another problem. When building Qt, I get a link error when linking QtOpenGLd4.dll:

@

link /LIBPATH:"p:\Qt\4.7.0-mobile-opengl\lib" /LIBPATH:"p:\Qt\4.7.0-mobile-opengl\lib" /NOLOGO /NODEFAULTLIB:OLDNAMES.LIB /DEBUG /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWSCE,5.01 /MACHINE:THUMB /DLL /VERSION:4.70 /OUT:....\lib\QtOpenGLd4.dll @C:\Users\lborgne\AppData\Local\Temp\QtOpenGLd4.dll.1700.3651.jom
    Creating library ....\lib\QtOpenGLd4.lib and object ....\lib\QtOpenGLd4.expqgl.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct QMetaObject const QGLWindowSurface::staticMetaObject" (?staticMetaObject@QGLWindowSurface@2UQMetaObject@B)
    qglpaintdevice.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static struct QMetaObject const QGLWindowSurface::staticMetaObject" (?staticMetaObject@QGLWindowSurface@2UQMetaObject@B)
    ....\lib\QtOpenGLd4.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
    @

QGLWindowSurface::staticMetaObject sounds like something quite internal to Qt, and I cannot really see what could be causing it to be missing. Any ideas on how to solve this are most welcome.

I should also mention that this only happens with 4.7. 4.6.3 now builds properly with this GLES library.

• Qt on Symbian: how to share an application?

0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    A

• Problems with Windows deployment

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    A

Thanks you both for the quick answer. I used the tool mentioned ahead, and found that the working directory used by QtCreator was diferent than my executable. Due this I got 2 missing files.

Now I keep moving again.

Thanks!!!

• Nokia Qt SDK co-existing with Perl 5.10

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    J

I was able to run it with installed StrawberryPerl 5.12 and Nokia Qt SDK. There aren't any problems :)

• 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    A

[quote author="gernberg" date="1284163120"]
    @./install_openc_16_s60 ~/work/s60_open_c_cpp_plug_in_v1_6_en.zip ~/symbian-sdk@

I get stuck with the following output:

@... Alot of inflates cut out for readability...
    Failed to open /tmp/tmp.kBYOtB0TRa/Installer/data1.cab as an InstallShield Cabinet File@
    [/quote]

gernberg, did you try it again? Following the blogpost you mentioned I could successfully build Qt 4.7.

Double check your setup and be sure to have enough disk space, as the whole process uses a lot of space with temp dirs + installed stuff =)

• 0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    D

Thank you. Worked like a charm!

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    8k Views
    T

vatjjar: You can always run a chroot in a virtualized linux on windows boxes:-) At least you already have the development environment nicely separated somewhere, so it is straight forward to just set up a Linux in an virtual machine with the chroot setup tool of your choice installed. All you need to do afterwards is copy the chroot itself over.

Performance is still identical to a real virtualized development environment on windows, and you have the same complaints about having to use linux from your windows developers as with a pure development VM approach. :-)

• Building jpeg2000 plugin

0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    M

means missing dll.

• QT Creator 2.0 pro file issue

0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    ?

I just got Qt Creator 2.0.1 and used both *.h and *.cpp and it worked just fine

• Get Static Qt

0 Votes
    13 Posts
    9k Views
    V

Read this post: "Qt: Making the right licensing decision":http://blog.qt.nokia.com/2009/11/30/qt-making-the-right-licensing-decision/ and also the comments by Cristy Hamley. A very good differentiation between static and dynamic linking is presented.

• Problem building embedded qt version

0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    F

Yes ! That's it !

Thank You !!

• Qt with OpenVG

0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    ?

for windows, you can get the khronos RI form the khronos website, this is high on quality, and slower.

there are a couple of other RIs (amanithvg, ginkovg), some commercial too

• Building Windows version with OpenSSL support

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    6k Views
    ?

if that works, you could add the step by step instructions in a wiki page for other users. will help us all :)

• Visual Studio 2005 no longer supported?

0 Votes
    5 Posts
    7k Views
    V

Thank you for your help, it works now. (wow, it took over 6 hours to compile and build)

But at least you have one more enthusiastic Qt programmer.

• Slackware Qt4.3.2 postgres8.4

0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    H

Run "qmake" with the correct -I flags in src/plugins/sqldrivers/psql. Make sure libqsqlpsql.so is created. Run "make install" as well to install the Qt SQL plugin into the destination dir. Make sure libqsqlplsql.so ends up in plugins/sqldrivers in your destination directory. Then, make sure you run the sqlbrowser that is linked against your version of Qt, not the installed one. The PostgreSQL driver should now show up.

If not, set the QT_DEBUG_PLUGINS environment variable to "1" and check the debug output.

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    ?

seems to be a problem with the linux version. i tried with win32 and helios, the context menus seem fine. probably you should just log a bug against this

• 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    R

I forgot to Mention, it's the open source SDK for windows.

Qt 4.6.3 SDK
    Qt Creator 2.0.0

• 0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    G

Yes, I am in a network.

While googling I came across a utility which captures the snapshot of web page and is called CutyCapt. This also uses QTWebkit for achieving this. I tried running this app and saw that it gives a blank page as the out put instead of the webpage snapshot.

Whereas if I run the IECapt utility which also gives snapshot of web page but implemented in C#, it gives proper output and I could see the snapshot of the specified URL.

So I doub that I might be missing something in case of QT. But I am not getting it.

Please do the needful.

Regards,
    Madhu