Qt Creator should auto detect the compiler for you. However what usually happens is that people install Visual Studio without checking the C++ option during installation thus they have a VS environment but nothing to build C++ code.
You should first check that.
Note that you also need to install the debugger separately. The one coming with VS is "internal" and cannot be used by other applications.
@jitu059_Lalat The long and short if it are, you have two ways to do this:
Find all the dll's that your app depends on. You can do this with the tool http://www.dependencywalker.com/. Once you found all the dll's copy them into the same folder as your executable. This is now your "delivery package" you will copy the executable + dlls from PC to PC. This method is perhaps a bit easier/faster in the short term, but when you compile with different versions of Qt/Windows you may require a different set of dlls (i.e. Qt4 Dlls don't match Qt5 Dlls).
Download the Qt source code and compile it for static linking. Then when you build your code you will get a much larger executable file, but it will contain everything it needs - a standalone executable. This is perhaps a bit more work on your part, but master this and it makes deploying your project from PC to PC much easier.
Have a go at one or other method, if you get stuck then ask again. But as SGaist said, there is lots of documentation out there already : )
You did a complete rebuild as well?
The run of qmake does not create an error code, but it does not introduce a moc statement into makefile.
I guess you are using a shadow for compiling. Delete the whole shadow folder, rerun qmake once again and rebuild.
If you think it imay be a bug related to Qt 5.5 you can check on JIRA.
Use the latest version of the SDK(At this time 24.3.3), Use Ant(Gradle still won't work), Use the latest NDK and latest Qt Creator Release.(5.4 at this time). That's what I did to get it to work for me. Large thanks to sk2212 and all the other idea's!
I finally made it, thanks to your link. I was indeed using the wrong library. I also missed the libxcb plugin but I added it to the project "package" and it now works fine. I was ready to bang my head against the walls.