Well libraries are simply not interchangable. Each library does hold a couple of objects defining typically the functionality given in the general naming.
Some namings may have changed between Qt4 and Qt5, but not network to anything.
Also when your application is requiring network functionality, but is missing it in the link process, you should see somewhere error messages.
I would suggest that it is best when you are checking out examples from the tutorials. There are the network examples and there is the testlib functionality
however, Qt offers more different aspects and it may make sense for you to check out those as well.
I tried to investigate the issue further and figured out the following:
it seems to be a problem with gdb and its disassembler
when I start gdb in the console, it doesn't show me where the crash occurs, too
in the debugger log, I get an error message "Disassembler failed"
I tried also on another VM (Win 10, also) and a Win 7 Desktop and it works on the VM, however not on the Desktop and my first VM. I have no clue what the differences between these installations are :-(
Is anyone aware of any Windows/Qt/MinGW settings that could make the disassembler fail?
AFAIK, the recent version of the QtWebView module uses the QtWebEngine module for Windows. Module that is not available for MinGW currently. Also you are are using a relatively old version of Qt so first thing you should update if possible to at least 5.8.
@Chris-Kawa Sometimes you forget to update deploy dlls, in that case runtime vs compiletime versions in "about window" would be helpful.
Even if you use auto windeployqt command, you'll still need to copy other dlls (OpenSSL, etc) by hand, there you'll forget.
I did delete the build directory after it installed, so I'll do it again, and see if it works that time. I wrote a small batch file so I wouldn't have to keep retyping things:
@set /p sourcedir= "Enter the source directory "
@set /p mingwpath= "Enter the mingw installation path "
@set /p builddir= "Enter the build directory "
@set /p finaldir= "Enter the final directory "
I removed the bit which added to the path after I'd done that once so that I didn't end up with duplicates in my path.
EDIT: Okay, it's finished making again, and it's produced exactly the same thing in the install directory (unsurprisingly). There is a qmake.exe in the build directory however, in fact the contents of the two are completely different.
The install directory has the following folders:
bin (4 exes and 24 dlls, nothing that has qmake in the name)
include (one folder per module)
lib (two folders and a load of prl files and a files)
mkspec (a modules folder which contains lots of pri files)
plugins (three folders, each full of dlls)
The build folder has qtbase, which contains the above as well as a few other folders including a qmake folder. It also has a qmake exe in the bin folder.
After different tests and building processes I'm able to build and run an application with WebKit on Windows 10 with MinGW.
I simply replaced original shipped WebKit with a fresh one from git repository.
I'm using Windows 10 64bit with both Windows SDK installed and DirectX SDK (installed with DXSDK_Jun10.exe), but I think that it's possible to disable angle and force OpenGL to desktop in order to avoid installing MSVC and DirectX.
I'm trying to compile the same environment on 64bit. I'll update this thread on finish.
Solution was, finding this gem https://github.com/kivy/kivy/wiki/Creating-a-64-bit-development-environment-with-MinGW-on-Windows then making a few modifications. Basically rebuilding MySQL Connector.C 6.1\lib\libmysql.dll with gendef.exe
will need to Install Ruby x64, I used (rubyinstaller-2.2.2-x64.exe)
set Ruby...\bin to System Variables.
copy C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Connector.C 6.1 to C: and rename as \mysql-connector
open cmd window
> gendef.exe libmysql.dll
> dlltool -v --dllname libmysql.dll --def libmysql.def --output-lib libmysql.lib
> gem install mysql2 --no-rdoc --no-ri -- '--with-mysql-lib="C:\mysql-connector\lib" --with-mysql-include="C:\mysql-connector\include"'
to c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\lib
to c:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\lib
Now build MySql Driver for QT. I used third party QT 64 from http://www.tver-soft.org/qt64
put in System Variables
Create QT cmd window (needs custom qtenv.bat file, copied from other QT version and modified for x64)
from QT cmd x64
set mysql=C:\PROGRA~1\MySQL\MYSQLS~1.6 (must be short names)
qmake "INCLUDEPATH+=%mysql%\include" "LIBS+=%mysql%\lib\libmysql.lib" -o Makefile mysql.pro
copy qsqlmysql.dll and qsqlmysqld.dll from C:\Qt\qt-5.4.1-src\qtbase\plugins\sqldrivers to c:\Qt\5.4.1-x64\mingw492r1-sjlj-rev1\qt-5.4.1-x64-mingw492r1-sjlj-rev1\plugins\sqldrivers
copy %mysql%\lib\libmysql.dll c:\windows
Hope this helps someone else save a few days worth of time and aggravation.
To add to @koahnig, it's not a Qt specific problem. Compilers on Windows are not compatible one with the other, so basically you have to ensure that all components of your software are built using the same compiler.
Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.