First, go here http://download.qt.io/online/qt5/ to figure out the url to the version of repositories you need. For me it's linux 64 bit, so I'd click down into that path until I got to http://download.qt.io/online/qt5/linux/x64/online_repository/.
Copy this url into memory.
Then, in the repositories tab of the Qt maintenance tool, select "user defined repositories" (see image in the previous post) then to the right of where you have just clicked, paste in the url you just copied. It's difficult to tell there's even a field there, it's almost hidden. When you hit the right spot the url will paste in and you should be good to go.
@koahnig Hi, thank you for your answer!
I think it works now.
To be honest I don't really know why it didn't work. I tried a lot, also turning off firewall and load online and offline installer from different pages for case, that the .exe is corrupted.
Last thing I did is to check the regedit and delete all Qt*-data in HKEY_(...)\SOFTWARE. Its working now. The problem was probably because of unclean deinstallation of previous version.
@jsulm we make an installation file for our combined system, including multiple programs sharing some but not other resources. we use an nsi script to manage this. usually works fine. I just missed updating some of the .dll files.
@JosephTLyons If you used the installed for Qt 4.2 then it probably exists in a single directory. So just like anything else on OSX you can just delete that directory and should be all uninstalled. If there is a dir outside the /Applications directory you may need to clean that up too. Sorry not 100% sure here since all my OSX Qt installs were built from source so I don't know how the installer works on OSX. On Linux it's a single directory.
Anyway, once /Applications/Qt* is deleted you should be ready to do the install from Qt 5.11. Qt4 and 5 rarely play nice together in my opinion so a nice clean install would be a good idea. You can make them work on the same system but in my experience on these forums people mix their dylibs all the time and get weird behavior, crashes, failures to load, etc. So if you want them both for some reason just make sure they stay separate.
I found the answer. The problem is that the QtWebKit.framework bundle requires some of these other ones, even though I might not be using them. The only fix would be to acquire the QtWebKit.framework project, remove the QML and Quick dependencies, recompile, swap that framework bundle out of my project after macdeployqt, and then remove the QML and Quick framework bundles.
Long story short, that ain't happening. Not worth my time because it's super difficult.
@jitu059_Lalat The long and short if it are, you have two ways to do this:
Find all the dll's that your app depends on. You can do this with the tool http://www.dependencywalker.com/. Once you found all the dll's copy them into the same folder as your executable. This is now your "delivery package" you will copy the executable + dlls from PC to PC. This method is perhaps a bit easier/faster in the short term, but when you compile with different versions of Qt/Windows you may require a different set of dlls (i.e. Qt4 Dlls don't match Qt5 Dlls).
Download the Qt source code and compile it for static linking. Then when you build your code you will get a much larger executable file, but it will contain everything it needs - a standalone executable. This is perhaps a bit more work on your part, but master this and it makes deploying your project from PC to PC much easier.
Have a go at one or other method, if you get stuck then ask again. But as SGaist said, there is lots of documentation out there already : )
I find the reason:
in these way this error occurred :
1- the permission of file : the output of tslib should has full permission :chmod -R 777 /.../.../tslib
2- the address of tslib is wrong. if you write wrong address this error display
3-if you install tslib successfully , and then remove it and install it gain this error show you. i change my linux and install another one but should clean all the tslib file and details.
I know about the proxy settings of the MaintenanceTool.exe but did not find any possibility for setting a proxy in the QtSdkRepoChooser.exe tool :-(
Anyway, thanks for the tip with the Interest mailing list. I will try there.
This problem has been resolved. Apparently, the libraries available in the distribution are not compatible with each other, or with installation of "sip" or "PyQt5". After installing the .deb file found at http://tinyurl.com/kza5uob and remaking the current stable versions of "sip" and "PyQt5" I was able to load and execute an application originally run on Fedora 19.
Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.