In one of the comments someone mentions that you'll need to manually update the AndroidManifest.xml file to add the attribute
To the Application tag.
This gets the Application deployed and starts it up. But looks like the debugger still can't attach.
And it also looks like the Manifest gets autogenerated and needs to be updated each time you try to debug. Hopefully there is something one can set to adjust the automatic generation so you don't have to edit that manifest each time you need to deploy.
I noticed something (probably) quite important. If I build my UI so that it is not embraced by a vertical layout, then the QLabels will be displayed correctly. But if I build them up so that all elements are spanned by a vertical layout, then there is the rendering problem (as described above). This extremely strange behavior is comprehensible and man can be switched back and forth: with QVBoxLayout-> display error, without QVBoxLayout-> no errors, and so on ...
Here you can see the UI-Code without vertical layout around the UI-elements:
So it means I should use GCC 6 to match the compiler that lib has been built with ?
6 is the library version, so you should use the same major version of the stdc++ (assuming they keep binary compatibility, which I'm not sure about). Also you need to use a compiler that produces code that is binary compatible with the compiler used to build that library, unfortunately I have no clue which version is that exactly, but I really doubt it's as old as gcc 4.8.3.
So I thought I should close this one out. It turns out the issue in the title was a red herring. What happened was I had set the API level to a higher level when I built the APK to deploy to google play. The higher level was not compatible with my device. I then updated android SDK, which created a new issue that is preventing me from building. Thus I was not able to build for my API level (API level 24) and I got the device incompatible message.
That said, I still have a problem that has me stumped. I've found two other threads where people have encountered the exact same problem I have and I have not seen a solution posted. I have completely re-installed SDK, NDK, JDK. I've wiped out my build config settings and my .pro.user file. I've also tried the example projects in addition to my project. I get the same error. Here are the threads describing the issue I still have:
works perfectly on Desktop, the keys are copied to forward_item. But on Android it doesn't forward anything. And the Key.onReleased or Keys.onPressed events are only received (all at once) when I press Done on the soft keyboard. Unfortunately, receiving these events all at once isnt useful in my case, since I have to make a search in the database (on every key stroke) to show only the Cities that match user's text.
Disabled Categories are greyed out
This topic will be moved to the category
Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.