I sincerely want to thank you for your help! This project took six-months and your assistance was crucial in getting over the goal line in the final week. If I missed that hard deadline my six-month contract-to-hire would have been terminated. Partly because of your assistance I made it work and was hired full-time permanent! We shipped Version 1.0 and two weeks later I delivered a significant V1.1 follow up!.
I momentarily had it setup as a (static?)linked library but backtracked to direct #includes from the /common/ folder, mainly because I understood it better. I intend to switch again to the library method because of compile times as you suggested. I was also scared off by an article suggesting I would need to add C++ #EXTERN statements, etc. to create a public interface for the library. Is that true, or can the .pro/.pri files define that folder as a library with NO changes to the C++?
I still have to migrate *.qml files to the /common/ but I assume it's basically the same pattern as the C++. I haven't replied because I thought I had more questions but the project has been moving too rapidly.
Hi, googling finds many with the same problem, for example here
Just guessing, but perhaps you could try some of the suggestions in there...
Thanks for the link.
It seems this issue doesn't even solved in Stack Overflow :(
Any way, I did some of the suggestions mentioned in it.
Installed all redistributable package of x86 (cuz I built my app using Qt mingw53_32) for 2012 - 2013 - 2015 - 2017 (I tested my app after each vcredist)
Installed all redistributable package of x64 for 2012 - 2013 - 2015 - 2017 (I tested my app after each vcredist)
Nothing changed still see my app crashes without any logical reason!
Now I'm very sad because I can run my app only if I installed Qt on my machine which is impractical solution for deploying my app.
14.04 is shipping a too old version of Qt. QtWebEngine is a pretty new module so for Ubuntu to get it into its official repository means that it could not be in the current either. A quick check to packages.ubunto.com confirmed it.
I am after some ideas and hints on how to reduce the dependencies between them.
First, draw a class diagram to show the relationships between all your classes. Arrange your diagram so that the classes in the same library are all close together.
Then, look through your diagram to find relationships that should not exist. For example, try to eliminate all circular dependencies between libraries. (A circular dependency is where ClassA depends on ClassB, but ClassB also depends on ClassA).
Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.