Windows build problems

• I'm getting these errors building qt5.7 on windows using the microsoft compiler

Generating Code...
    link /NOLOGO /DYNAMICBASE /NXCOMPAT /DEBUG /DLL /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /VERSION:5.7 /MANIFEST:embed /OUT:....\lib\Qt5Guid.dll @C:\Users\Oliver\AppData\Local\Temp\nmAEE3.tmp
    LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'qtpngd.lib'
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\amd64\link.EXE"' : return code '0x450'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC\BIN\amd64\nmake.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    Stop.
    Stop.

It's a shadow build. With the following config

..\qt5\configure.bat -opensource -confirm-license -nomake tests -opengl desktop -skip qtwebkit -skip qtwebkit-examples -prefix d:\qt-opengl-64-rel-debug

Cheers

• Moderators

If you don't have to build Qt by yourself you can install Qt 5.7 - it was officially released.

• @jsulm
    With 5.6 you needed to build if to enable the -opengl desktop option. I assume you still need to do this with 5.7.

Cheers
    Ollie

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

There's no need to rebuild Qt for that. By default Qt does auto-detection and loads the desktop backend if an adequate driver is available on the computer otherwise it loads the ANGLE backend however you can configure that per-application. See here for more information.

• @SGaist Yes I'll have another look at it. But when I was using 5.6 some of the OpenGL shader demos would not run under windows without a hand build Qt with the -opengl desktop option.

I have built 5.7 from the same git branch under linux with no drama. I'll try and do another build on a clean windows machine (my build environment may not be in the best shape).

Thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.