Add actions from QTextEdit to Edit Menu

• Hello lads, so I need a way to add the context menu actions from QTextEdit to the Edit menu. I could re-implement these but there would be no point as their behaviour is exactly what I would like. Here is the context menu I am talking about

Another question is how do I add text beside this tick that shows and hides the Toolbar menu.

Thank you

• Hi,

if you want to extent the context menu you can follow the guideline provided here.

About the second question I think (sorry I'm on Mac and the menus are integrated in the system one) you should set the Menu objectName

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Nothing forbids you to have several actions calling the same slot.

How do you create that tick enabled menu ?

• @mcosta said:

Hi,

if you want to extent the context menu you can follow the guideline provided here.

About the second question I think (sorry I'm on Mac and the menus are integrated in the system one) you should set the Menu objectName

@SGaist said:

Hi,

Nothing forbids you to have several actions calling the same slot.

How do you create that tick enabled menu ?

The first issue is solved just by adding more slots and connecting them to the QTextEdit ones except Delete as it seems there is no slot for that. How would I implement the Delete action?

I would like to correct my self, the menu with the tick hides and shows the Toolbar and not the Menu. I did not create this menu. Setting the objectName does not add text beside the tick.

Thank ye both for your help, appreciate it!

• @ChajusSaib said:

I would like to correct my self, the menu with the tick hides and shows the Toolbar and not the Menu. I did not create this menu. Setting the objectName does not add text beside the tick.

You have to set the Toolbar windowTitle
    Imgur
    Imgur

• @mcosta I feel so stupid now (facepalm). Thank you

Anyone got an idea for implementing the Delete action? Thanks

• Delete --> clear() ??

You could use the QTextCursor API

• @mcosta No delete only deletes/clears the selection, it does not remove everything. I will take a look at the QTextCursor API. Thank you once again mate!

• Hi,

I think QTextCursor::removeSelectedText() is what you're looking for

void MyEditor::slotDelete()
    {
        m_textEdit->textCursor().removeSelectedText();
    }

should do the job

• @mcosta You legend, thank you!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.