the notifications are popping up almost instantly ( despite me providing time for it ).
you pass the time you want it to be triggered from now on. The API expects a time since EPOCH (as your comment in the code also states) which are the milliseconds from 1970/01/01 on.
So in your JAVA code add new Date().getTime() milliseconds to your current timeout.
So far i am able to get the notifications ( but not on Android O )
did you read this already?
Alos chekc the Qt debugger console and/or LogCat for suspicious messages regarding notifications.
I am not sure if this is possible at all. It is quite a long time back when I used MSVC. However, I am having no good feelings when I read your post.
I had started recently compiling for Android. Since a couple of years I am using Qt creator and MinGW compiler. The Android compiling process is GCC-based as MinGW is. That is taking some ambiguities out. Therefore my recommendation you may save time and conserve some hair, when you are going directly to Qt creator when starting Qt for Android.
The error message you are presenting is probably because of the mix MSVC and GCC-make, which might errornously recognized as linux version. I might be wrong there, but this looks fishy.
In case you decide to follow my advice, also go directly to Qt 5.9.0 (at least). There seem to be recent change also on the Android side, which was not really helpful in getting started. I had struggled quite a bit when trying to follow the different advices and tutorials. "gradle" seems to have replaced "ant" already on Android. At the end I had decided to go directly to newest Qt5.9.0 at that time instead of fiddling around with the previous stuff. That went much easier.
I would be inclined to not use QFileDialog for that task -- it's designed to look and function the way users expect a file selection dialog to work, which includes navigation. I have a similar use-case in a program I'm currently working on, and my solution was to create a very simple custom dialog that simply presents a list of the files they are allowed to select from. It's very easy to get that list from a QDir and drop that QStringList into a QListWidget.
I just noticed this. if your DB knows what the password is it is a threat not only to your DB security but for each individual user. You can get sued for some real money! (the idea is that if your DB gets hacked and password table stolen the attackers will have both username and password in plain text and, if passwords are recycled by your users, they will try them on paypall or amazon and steal money off them).
Use a hash and salt algorithm (SHA3 512 recommended).
As far as I remember, it is not possible to create indices within a create table statement in sqlite. So you have to split this into the create table and the create index statement as mentioned by @mrjj
I've resolved my problem:
Initially, I made a mistake mixing up Tslib and Evdevtouch plugins. Even though Evdevtouch seems more suitable for my application (a rotation plugin is already coded), I just can't make it work: when i used it, events were happening, but actions (such as buttons) were not even triggered.
So I decided to use Tslib plugin (it already worked for me), and i applied a patch to it, in order to be able to rotate the touchscreen as I wanted. The only thing needed is to export a environment variable with the suitable parameters:
Okay... finally i solved it. Nothing to do with .pro file or PLUGIN macro. It was a basic PATH issue. qmake was searching for 'plugin' directory in /PREFIX path not in /SYSROOT/PREFIX path. I just copied all plugin directory from /SYSROOT/PREFIX to /PREFIX directory. I know this may not be the right way, but it temporarily solved my issue. If someone could suggest the correct solution please let me know.
Have you looked at the bug report in the other thread you were following? Apparently there were some bug in the static building for Qt 5.5 and it's fixed in Qt 5.6.1 (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-51071). So aside from upgrading, am at a loss ...
Well, malformed would be pushing it a bit. If you are in need of a platform independent way of handling the timezone you'd give it as ISO 8601 date time - with the timezone offset; for any other purpose the text representation will be dependent on OS's locale settings. :)
I think i've made some progress, but the events from the mouse are not always managed.
I have added the uinput module to the Linux kernel (make menuconfig)
I have created a node as explained in the documentation of x11vnc ( http://www.karlrunge.com/x11vnc/x11vnc_opts.html#opt-pipeinput )
I start the vncserver firstly with the following command:
x11vnc -noipv6 -clip 500x500+0+0 -rawfb /dev/fb0 -pipeinput UINPUT:direct_abs= /dev/input/uinput (-dp -dk) &
After that i've checked the /dev/input and noticed that a char node called event0 was created (/dev/input/event0)
Then i can start my Qt5 application like this:
./myApp -geometry 500x500 -platform linuxfb -plugin evdevmouse:/dev /input/event0
Then i can move from one button to another using UP,DOWN,LEFT and RIGHT Key. I can push the buttons using the SPACE button ... that's cool my Application works correctly (^_^)/, but still no click :-( ... still looking...