Problems with Qt/OpenGL linked with CUDA library

• Hi,

I have a project where I have to create a library in CUDA and link it into my Qt/OpenGL application.
    Basically, I'm

• loading in Qt/OpenGL an image
    • give it to the library (in a way, right now I'm giving the textureId() of my QOpenGLWidget)
    • apply a sobel filter in my CUDA code
    • return the result (in a way, I do not know what and how to link it in OpenGL)
    • display it in Qt/OpenGL

A lot of my Qt/OpenGL code is based on the cube example:
    I am getting a lot of problems when I'm trying to link it.

How am I supposed to link the result in Qt/OpenGL ?

I'm getting a freezed windows or the original image (when I remove the "Unmap function from my CUDA code") but I never got my image with the sobel filter on it.

Thank you for your help,

Note: I'm not familiar at all with CUDA and OpenGL so sorry if it is silly questions....

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Can you share the code you are using ? Also which version of Qt/CUDA/OpenGL are you using ?

• Hi,

I'm using Qt 5.4.0, OpenGL ES 2.0 and CUDA 6.5.
    Which part do you want exactly ? I have a lot of different version as I am having some problems with it but all my Qt/OpenGL code is the same than the Cube example (just using a square instead of a cube, it's the only modification I have done).

At the moment, I'm trying to get a pointer of the CUDA result but I have no idea how to use it in my Qt/OpenGL code and if it is the good way of doing it.

Here the part where I am calling the CUDA library:
    @ unsigned char * resultPointer = CUDA_library_processing(m_texture->textureId(), width, height);
    where m_texture is my QOpenGLTexture.

Here the CUDA part:

unsigned char* CUDA_library_processing(int opengl_buffer, int width, int height)
    struct cudaGraphicsResource * cuda_vbo_resource = 0;
    cudaGraphicsGLRegisterBuffer(&cuda_vbo_resource, opengl_buffer, cudaGraphicsRegisterFlagsNone);

cudaGraphicsMapResources(1, &cuda_vbo_resource, 0);

size_t num_bytes = 0;
    unsigned char * dev_pointer = 0;
    cudaGraphicsResourceGetMappedPointer((void**)dev_pointer, &num_bytes, cuda_vbo_resource);

unsigned char * result_pointer = 0;
    cudaMalloc((void **) &result_pointer, (num_bytes));

unsigned char * respointer = (unsigned char *) malloc(num_bytes);

sobelfilter(width, height, dev_pointer, result_pointer);

cudaMemcpy((void**)respointer, (void**)result_pointer, num_bytes, cudaMemcpyDeviceToHost);

cudaGraphicsUnmapResources(1, &cuda_vbo_resource, 0));

return respointer;

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Is it a typo or are you missing a & before dev_point in cudaGraphicsResourceGetMappedPointer ?

You seem to be also mis-typecasting respointer and result_pointer in cudaMemcpy

• The CUDA section in the article may give an idea how this could be achieved.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.