Upload ios image with qt

• Hi , i use qt 5.3 on mac. I 've accessed to ios gallery with UIImagePickerController and i've get selected image url like this:
    assets-library://asset/asset.jpg?id=..&ext=jpg
    Now i want to upload this image on server. I converted the url to QString and called myUploadFunction(QString path). This function gets a path(that is a real path of image on device), creates a QFile, reads data from the file and posts data:
    @
    QFile *file = new QFile(path);
    file->open(OIDevice::ReadOnly);
    QByteArray fileData = file->readAll();
    networkAccessManager->post(...)
    @

I know the upload method works on android and windows desktop. But in ios,i think i can not create a file from the image url (assets-library://asset/asset.jpg?id=..&ext=jpg). I need image actual path in ios. how can i get an image real path from it's url on ios to upload it?
    Thanks in advance

• I found a way to get an image file real path on ios from "here":https://github.com/questbeat/QBImagePickerController/issues/6
    path on simulator:
    file:///Users/mrsranjkesh/Library/Application Simulator/iPhone Simulator/7.0.3/Applications/9CB32.../Document/Koala.jpg
    When i give this path to my upload file, I get this error: QIODevice::read Device not open. When i tested file.exist(), i got "false"
    please reply. Thanks

• Did you manage to solve your problem.

I'm facing the same problem. When I use FileDialog, fileUrl looks like "file:assets-library:/asset/asset.JPG%3Fid=78FD7629-DBEE-4279-ACAE-A54F1FEB9B58&ext=JPG" and I cannot assign this as an image source.

• Qt Champions 2016

@ahmad88me Did you tried to use uri like "assets-library:/asset/asset.JPG%3Fid=78FD7629-DBEE-4279-ACAE-A54F1FEB9B58&ext=JPG" ?

• @benlau Yes, still doesn't work

• Hello i've got the same problem :(
    Did you resolve it ?

• Hello,
    Same bug for me.

There is no need to have a beautifull picture picker if we can't upload one of those pictures.

One thing I don't understand :
    QML Image is able to understand a path like "file:assets-library:/asset/asset.JPG..."
    But neither QFile, nor QFileInfo, nor QImage can do that.
    Do you have an idea why ?

• Guys, I found a solution :

QString path("file:assets-library:/asset/asset.JPG...");
    QUrl url(path);
    path = url.toLocalFile();

• @Vi67 said:

QString path("file:assets-library:/asset/asset.JPG...");
    QUrl url(path);
    path = url.toLocalFile();

Thanks man, you saved me!

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.