[Solved]Compile Qt with tslib

• Hello I want to compile Qt 5.2 with tslib for raspberry pi.

I get tslib from git and configured:
    sudo ./configure --host=arm-linux --prefix=/home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/ --enable-static --enable-shared

then make && sudo make install
    All went ok.

From many tutorials I know that I have to add the generated include and lib folder to qmake so I edit qtbase/mkspecs/devices/linux-rasp-pi-g++/qmake.conf and add:
    @QMAKE_INCDIR += /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/include
    QMAKE_LIBDIR += /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib@

then I configure in qtbase:
    @./configure -opengl es2 -device linux-rasp-pi-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=~/opt/gcc-4.7-linaro-rpi-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf- -sysroot /mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs -opensource -confirm-license -optimized-qmake -reduce-relocations -reduce-exports -release -make libs -prefix /usr/local/qt5pi -tslib@

I added tslib, so Qt knows to add tslib support. Sadly this gives this error message:
    @<srcbase> = /home/dominik/opt/qt5/qtbase
    <outbase> = /home/dominik/opt/qt5/qtbase
    Creating qmake...
    make: Nothing to be done for `first'.
    Running configuration tests...
    Note: PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR automatically set to /mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/lib/pkgconfig:/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/share/pkgconfig:/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pkgconfig
    Note: PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR automatically set to /mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs
    The tslib functionality test failed!
    @

Why can't I configure qt??? Do I need to do more things?
    The guide I used is: "http://qt-project.org/wiki/RaspberryPi_Beginners_guide"

Please help!

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You should run configure with -verbose.

This way you should see the exact error you are encountering

• This is the error in verbose mode:

@/home/dominik/opt/gcc-4.7-linaro-rpi-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -c -pipe -marm -mfpu=vfp -mtune=arm1176jzf-s -march=armv6zk -mabi=aapcs-linux -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs -O2 -Wall -W -fPIE -I../../../mkspecs/devices/linux-rasp-pi-g++ -I. -o tslib.o tslib.cpp
    tslib.cpp:42:19: fatal error: tslib.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make: *** [tslib.o] Error 1
    tslib disabled.
    @

Ok he don't find the tslib.h, but it is in the folder which I give to qmake:
    @dominik@Linux-Dominik ~/opt/qt5/qtbase $ ls /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/include
    tslib.h
    @

I don't get it...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then you should rather add

@-L /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib -I /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/include@

To your configure command

• Hmm, okay, sorry I thought that it is enough when I write this to qmake.conf.

Now this error occurs:
    @/home/dominik/opt/gcc-4.7-linaro-rpi-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -Wl,-rpath-link,/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/opt/vc/lib -Wl,-rpath-link,/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -Wl,-rpath-link,/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --sysroot=/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs -Wl,-O1 -o tslib tslib.o --sysroot=/mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs -L/home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib -lts
    /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib/libts.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make: *** [tslib] Error 1
    tslib disabled.
    @

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then tslib is probably not built for ARM

call

@file /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib/libts.so @

To see what kind of file it is

• It's a symbolic link to this file and the output is this:

@dominik@Linux-Dominik ~/opt/qt5/qtbase $ file /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib/libts-1.0.so.0.0.0
    /home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/lib/libts-1.0.so.0.0.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, BuildID[sha1]=0x775054f586db43f31d8b8dd1b7ae2738b20e8923, not stripped
    @

I see that the architecture is wrong... I will try to rebuild this. At the configure command of tslib is there also a cross compile parameter? Or should the --host=arm-linux be enough?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You might also need to tell the configuration script that your are using arm-linux-gcc (adapt the name to your cross-compiler)

• Ok thank you! Now it works! I have used this statement for compiling tslib:

@./configure CC=/home/dominik/opt/gcc-4.7-linaro-rpi-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc CXX=/home/dominik/opt/gcc-4.7-linaro-rpi-gnueabihf/bin/arm-linux-gnueabihf-g++ -host=arm-none-linux-gnueabi target=arm-none-linux-gnueabi -enable-static=yes -enable-shared=yes -prefix=/home/dominik/opt/tslib/build/@

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Now that you have tslib working, please update the thread title prepending [solved] so other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

• Sir
    please provided me a complete steps to compile tslib with Qt5 already Qt5 is running on my host and raspberry pi machine. now i want to compile tslib for my egalax touchscreen please post the steps to compile it.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.