Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Cannot read from input file

• I'm trying to use androiddeployqt to deploy a Qt application to an Android device. I've followed the required steps before running androiddeployqt, and when I run the make install INSTALL_ROOT=$BUILD_TARGET command, this is the output:

/bin/sh: 1: androiddeployqt: not found
    /bin/sh: 1: androiddeployqt: not found
    Makefile:555: recipe for target 'install_package' failed

Then when I build and run androiddeployqt on my project, this is what I'm getting:

Cannot read from input file: android-libandroid.so-deployment-settings.json
    Cannot read from input file: android-libandroid.so-deployment-settings.json
    make: *** [install_package] Error 2
    10:09:35: The process "/home/<user>/Android/Sdk/ndk-bundle/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/make" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project <project name> (kit: Android for armeabi-v7a (Clang Qt 5.12.3 for Android ARMv7))
    When executing step "Copy application data"

The 'android' before the .so is the name of my build directory.
    I'm pretty sure I followed the documentation to a T, so I think I'm missing something obvious. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What version of the SDK/NDK are you using ?
    How did you install them ?

• This post is deleted!

• @SGaist I'm using SDK 26.1.1 and NDK 19.2.5345600, but I solved the problem. I was able to find the JSON file generated by qmake and included it in the input flag for androiddeployqt. The app built successfully and deploys to the emulator.