@Leon_2001 You would have to give an example of what you are trying to do, from what you mention it seems like Column or Row, which are positioner's, would be a better option inside a container, but your question is about containers themselves, but by themselves they just containers, and their use is more of a base, and you use each one differently depending on what you need to do, but it sounds like you might be better off looking at Layout and Views as tools for use with containers to add controls too.
One container does not rule them all, by themselves they are just building blocks.
Thanks guys for reading the post and trying to help.
Ultimately the problem was as very often between keyboard and chair. Other incredients were the most confusing error messages of the Android sdk compiler and linker. A part played also a creator bug for setting additional libraries used for building apk archive.
@J.Hilk you could be right with androiddeployqt and also the advice of @SeeLook might helped. However, around that time I made yesterday my final attempt which succeeded and I called it a day.
I think it is not conclusive, but may be the origin of my problems.
The main project folder was initially holding the pro file and everythink was already in subfolders. This is also true for the main sources and java stuff including AndroidManifest.xml. Now by changing to a subdirs project for the building. I replaced the pro in main folder with a subdirs pro file. This requires an additional subfolder for the new pro file due to the subdirs template mechanics. I had added the subfolder and redirected from there to pull the required files and setting the pathes to the other subfolder where the stuff was. I am pretty sure that the pathes were all correct, but apparently not a good idea for the use of one of the tools involved.
After correcting and having a straight increasing cascade of subfolders I managed to have sufficient cinfusion created to keep me busy.
My conclusion is to keep the project setup straight and avoid parallel back-stepping in your overall subfolder structure.
The output of Android SDK compiler, linker and also at run-time were pointing into different directions and always away from where the problem was.
I am able to work around this by animating the change to testVal inside a Behavior; the display now functions as desired. But I'm still puzzled as to why the animation within the Transition doesn't work. Any insights are much appreciated.
Found a bug when adding libraries there.
Here is a link to the bug report https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-22255
The only way to get it to work is with the libraries in the same folder as the project PWD. Otherwise i have gotten always two concatenated absolute path which are causing an error message in building APK archive.
Without diving too deep in your code, the first thing that comes to mind is: don't manipulate a GUI element outside of the GUI thread.
And it should rather be the other way around, make your thread class emit a new value and connect the GUI to that signal. This way you'll avoid a needless tight dependency and make your your code cleaner to maintain.
@Yunus The modality is to block everything in background (c++) during the time I choose the file. Qt.quit() it's just during the testing time of my file dialog. I didn't open it with fileDialog.open() because it is visible when the component is complete and like I said I added this qml at runtime when I click on OpenImage via the load function of QQmlApplicationEngine
Disabled Categories are greyed out
This topic will be moved to the category
Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.