static build error

• i am try to build standalone application . And I followed this instruction https://wiki.qt.io/Build_Standalone_Qt_Application_for_Windows . but after execute "nmake sub-src" i get error message
    Generating Code...
    lib /NOLOGO /OUT:\lib\Qt5Bootstrap.lib @C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\nmC856.tmp
    cd tools\moc\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.10.1\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile C:\Qt\5.10.1\Src\qtbase\src\tools\moc\moc.pro ) && "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.10.25017\bin\HostX86\x86\nmake.exe" -f Makefile
    Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: bootstrap-private
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x3'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.
    How to fix it?
    Windows 10, visual studio 2017 , qt 5.10.1

• Moderators

• But I do not need bootstrap . how i can remove this part from my static build version?But if you can not otherwise, then how do I install it?

• Moderators

@danyal The application you're trying to build apparently is using it, so without changing the application you will not be able to build it without installing bootstrap-private (what ever it is).
    Sorry, the link I posted above is garbage. I don't know what this bootstrap-private is. Is there any information provided with the application you're building?
    Can you show the pro file?

• This error occurs when I try to compile a static version of qt. i go to the C:\Qt\5.10.1 and type configure -static -release -platform win32-msvc . When all passed, I entered nmake sub-src and then I get this error

cd tools\moc\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.10.1\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile C:\Qt\5.10.1\Src\qtbase\src\tools\moc\moc.pro) && "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Enterprise\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.10.25017\bin\HostX86\x86\nmake.exe" -f Makefile
    Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: bootstrap-private
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x3'
    Stop.
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2'
    Stop.

and in the project C:\Qt\5.10.1\Src\qtbase\src\tools\moc\moc.pro i have

option(host_build)
    CONFIG += force_bootstrap

DEFINES += \
        QT_MOC \
        QT_NO_CAST_FROM_ASCII \
        QT_NO_CAST_FROM_BYTEARRAY \
        QT_NO_COMPRESS \
        QT_NO_FOREACH

include(moc.pri)
    HEADERS += qdatetime_p.h
    SOURCES += main.cpp

QMAKE_TARGET_DESCRIPTION = "Qt Meta Object Compiler"
    load(qt_tool)

• Moderators

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.