Communicating with Eternal C++ Project using QT Widgets Application

• Hello,

I am an intern at NASA Ames Research Center, I am a EE Student and fairly new to coding.
    I have created a QT GUI already that plots battery voltage as read from the raspberry pi in real time. I have been tasked to also plot the output of an external c++ project into this GUI. This project is created using Cmake. Once built, the application is started by running an executable from the linux command line. It then saves this output that I need to plot into a text file. Since reading from a text file is inefficient. I was wondering what the best way would be to include this project into my GUI application, so that I could plot the value directly instead of the application printing to a text file and then reading from there. I was looking into QProcess as a means to run a shell scrip that would start the application, but I am unclear of a good means to incorporate this value into the GUI from the stored variable location. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

You should take a look at the various IPC options provided by Qt.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.