Qt-Sql auto_increment of a field

• Hi,

I'm having some issues with an auto_increment in Qt5.9.1. My SQL Statement is as follows.

"create table if not exists ACCOUNTS_PAYABLE(`Entry Number` int identity(100, 1) primary key, `Invoice Number` text, `Vendor Name` text, Amount text, `Payment Method` text, Department text, Status text, Description text)"

Which if I 've read the docs right should create an integer based entry starting at 100 and increment by one every time something is added to the table. When I inspect the database that column has nothing in it.

I have even tried the following with no luck.

"create table if not exists ACCOUNTS_PAYABLE(`Entry Number`  int AUTO_INCREMENT  primary key DEFAULT 1, `Invoice Number` text, `Vendor Name` text, Amount text, `Payment Method` text, Department text, Status text, Description text)"
    ~~ 

With the same outcome, and again when I inspect the database it shows the column type as int auto_increment with default of 1.

Using Qt 5.9.1 on Windows 7 with mingw compiler.

Thanks

• Hi @Chrisw01

I think that you can do something like this:

"create table if not exists ACCOUNTS_PAYABLE(`Entry Number` int NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT identity primary key, `Invoice Number` text, `Vendor Name` text, Amount text, `Payment Method` text, Department text, Status text, Description text)AUTO_INCREMENT=100;"

AUTO_INCREMENT can be placed after the ")";

I hope this can help you!

• Hi, and thanks.. After creating the table in a SQL Editor I have come up with this..

create table if not exists ACCOUNTS_PAYABLE (`Entry Number` INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT DEFAULT 1) 

When most of the Documentation I've seen and examples all use AUTO_INCREMENT. The above code works as expected.

Thanks again..

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What documentation are you referring to ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.