Open project (.cpp , .h , .pri) without .pro and .ui files

• Hello!

I have the installer of programme and source code of this programme and I need to change one thing in it and compile. But I don't have .pro and .ui files in archive, that I got. Can I open project with only .cpp , .h and .pri files? What can I do with it? Or it's impossible without .ui files?

The list of files is presented below. In each folder I have also files .cpp, .h and .pri.

0_1503391139870_project.JPG

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Unless the widgets where made with Designer there's no need for any .ui file.

What is the content of that main.pri file ?

Do you have any other files that might be related to another development environment like Visual Studio or Xcode ?

• @SGaist

"What is the content of that main.pri file ?"

main.pri 

HEADERS += \
        source/AppConfig.h \
        source/MainWindow.h \
        source/QAppConfigureDialog.h \
        source/QGlobalLog.h \
        source/QReleaseDialog.h \
        source/AppStrings.h \
        source/QPinViewDialog.h \
        source/QXmlChecker.h

SOURCES += \
        source/AppConfig.cpp \
        source/main.cpp \
        source/MainWindow.cpp \
        source/QAppConfigureDialog.cpp \
        source/QGlobalLog.cpp \
        source/QReleaseDialog.cpp \
        source/QPinViewDialog.cpp \
        source/QXmlChecker.cpp

"Do you have any other files that might be related to another development environment like Visual Studio or Xcode ?"

No, I only have one folder "source" where the files are located, that I introduced on picture. This folder contains next files extensions : .cpp, .h and .pri (In the subfolders the same)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Then it looks like you don't have the full project available.

One thing you can do is create a basic .pro file for a widget application that includes main.pri and try to build that. In any case, you should contact the author of that application to check what is missing.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.