WinRT qmake/build fails: Unable to generate output for Makefile.Debug [TEMPLATE app]

• I tried to run the Qt.QuickControls2 Standard example application for WinRT, but it doesn't build. I did not edit anything in the code, the build command or the .pro file. 100% example application.

qmake.exe C:\Users\Gekko\Documents\WinRT\WinRT.pro -spec winrt-x64-msvc2015 "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug" && C:/Qt/Tools/QtCreator/bin/jom.exe qmake_all

:-1: warning: Unable to generate output for: C:/Users/Gekko/Documents/build-WinRT-Qt_5_8_0_for_Windows_Runtime_64bit-Debug/Makefile.Debug [TEMPLATE app]
    :-1: warning: Unable to generate output for: C:/Users/Gekko/Documents/build-WinRT-Qt_5_8_0_for_Windows_Runtime_64bit-Debug/Makefile.Release [TEMPLATE app]

build error:
    :-1: error: File Makefile.Debug doesn't exist.

Am I missing something?
    Thank you very much,
    Jason

• Moderators

@gekko42 What qmake are you calling? You should call qmake.exe from your Qt WinRT installation (did you install it?).

• Hi, thank you for the fast reply.
    I did not specify it on my own, but just used the pre configured Qt Development Kit for WinRt

the qmake location is "C:\Qt\5.8\winrt_x64_msvc2015\bin\qmake.exe". The file does exist there, too :-)

• maybe this helps; compile output:

12:01:26: Running steps for project WinRT...
    12:01:26: Starting: "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" clean
    	C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -f Makefile.Debug clean
    Error: File Makefile.Debug doesn't exist.
    jom: C:\Users\Gekko\Documents\build-WinRT-Qt_5_8_0_for_Windows_Runtime_64bit-Debug\Makefile [debug-clean] Error 2
    Error: File Makefile.Release doesn't exist.
    	C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -f Makefile.Release clean
    jom: C:\Users\Gekko\Documents\build-WinRT-Qt_5_8_0_for_Windows_Runtime_64bit-Debug\Makefile [release-clean] Error 2
    12:01:26: The process "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    12:01:26: Starting: "C:\Qt\5.8\winrt_x64_msvc2015\bin\qmake.exe" C:\Users\Gekko\Documents\WinRT\WinRT.pro -spec winrt-x64-msvc2015 "CONFIG+=debug" "CONFIG+=qml_debug" -tp vc
    12:01:26: The process "C:\Qt\5.8\winrt_x64_msvc2015\bin\qmake.exe" exited normally.
    12:01:26: Starting: "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" qmake_all

jom 1.1.2 - empower your cores

12:01:26: The process "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited normally.
    12:01:26: Starting: "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" 
    	C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -f Makefile.Debug
    Error: File Makefile.Debug doesn't exist.
    jom: C:\Users\Gekko\Documents\build-WinRT-Qt_5_8_0_for_Windows_Runtime_64bit-Debug\Makefile [debug] Error 2
    12:01:26: The process "C:\Qt\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe" exited with code 2.
    Error while building/deploying project WinRT (kit: Qt 5.8.0 for Windows Runtime 64bit)
    When executing step "Make"
    12:01:26: Elapsed time: 00:00.

the files Makefile.Debug and .Release are not being created by qmake for some reason...

• Moderators

@gekko42 This does not help as makefiles were not generated.
    The problem is with qmake.

• I am having the same problem. Did you figure anything out?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.