[Solved]select effect in pushbuttons

• :)
    i come again with yet another button problem. Ive created an array of buttons with out using the designer.

@cellBut[i][j]=new QPushButton();
    connect(cellBut[i][j],SIGNAL(clicked()),this,SLOT(onClickAction()));@

these are arranged in rows , a calender sorta thing, and i want to select them when clicked once, jus to know tht ive clicked that particular date. It gives the default "pressed and released effect" but not the highlighted effect.

I want it do the highlighting jus like how the default calenderwidget does.

is there some highlight function thing. I found an autofill backgroundthing or setMask, but it does nothing, or i dont know how to use it.
    or if i get a pointer of the selected date, does it have the function to select???

Guide me on this please

Thank you

• Did you setCheckable(true)? If you didn't, do it. After that, you can probably change the style sheet to show some differing background color when the button is pressed.

• thanks franzk

can we uncheck it programatically. Meaning setCheckable(true) wil check it once clicked right. but even if i click the next button, both the currently clicked and previously clicked are checked :)

jus like minesweepers :) i don want tht. i want to uncheck the previously clicked one.

thank you

• See QAbstractPushButton::setChecked().

• The select effect can be done either putting images for the pressed and not pressed state.
    So set the stylesheet to suit your needs.

Ex:
    @

QPushButton#settingBut { color: rgb(0, 0, 0);

border-width: 1px;
     border-radius: 10px;
     font: bold 20px;
     min-width: 8em;
     padding: 5px;

}

QPushButton#settingBut:pressed
    {
    border-style:solid;
    border-width:2px;
    }
    @

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.