Qt/OpenCV installation, configuration

• Hi,

I would like to do a project on image processing using Qt with pre_built OpenCV libraries. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit OS and I've been struggling to compile Qt with OpenCV for a while. Could someone please give a short explanation on how to configure these (what versions to use, what compiler, what paths to include in the system, how to include paths in the .pro file for pre-built OpenCV libraries).

Thank You.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

There are already several threads on this topic on this forum, you should search for them.

Basically:

• Thank you for your answer SGaist,

Right, so following your bulletpoints:

*I've selected a compiler - VS2013

• I've chosen OpenCV 2.4.13. There are vs11 and vs12 folders, which correspond to Visual Studio 2012 and Visual Studio 2013 respectively, so this version does support VS2013.

• Finally, I've installed Qt 5.6.2 for Windows 64-bit VS 2013 version. However, when I try to run a sample program I get an error saying : Error while building/deploying project "..." (kit: Desktop Qt 5.6.2 MSVC2013 64bit) When executing "Make". So I go to Tools->Options->Build & Run ->Qt version and there is a red warning with exclamation mark saying "No compiler can produce code for this Qt version. Please define one or more compilers." Hence, I go to Compilers tab and I see that it is empty with no auto-detected compilers. I've tried to follow guidelines in Qt documentation file on how to add a compiler, but I can't figure out how to add MSVC2013 compiler specifically.

How can I sort it out?

Thank you.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

They should be auto-detected however there might be a catch with Visual Studio, at least with VS2015 you have to specifically select the C++ to be installed.

Note you will also need to install the debugging tools. The debugger from Visual Studio is "internal".

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.