QtCreator->Edit Source Files->Delete Key not working
Qt Creator->Editing source files.
Not able to delete the entire line or word using delete key on MAC.
I'm able to select the line or word using Mouse.
If I hit delete key, nothing happens. Any idea how do I enable this. I tried with Qt 5.5, 5.6, 5.7 and 5.8. Same issue.
That sounds odd.
It works in other apps ?
As work around you can assign a key to the command
Ok also make sure FakeVim is not enabled. That can also wreck havoc on any normal editing :)
Made it work. There is no key assignment for DeleteLine.
- Go to QtCreator->Preferences->Keyboard
- In the filter edit box, type DeleteLine. You will see the DeleteLine under TextEditor options
- Select DeleteLine using the mouse
- Click on the "Record" button
- Now press Delete key on your keyboard
- It records the key sequence and stores the same for deleteline.
Now you can check this by going to Editor, Select line or block of lines, hit delete key on your keyboard. It works.
Ok, super with text for the picture :)
I guess "Preferences" should be "Options" ?
Yes, it is "Options" for "Preferences" under Tools for other Operating System
Preferencesis the name of the applications settings/options/preferences on macOS. It's a standard menu common to all application having settings.
@SGaist what I mean here is that "Preferences" is shown only in MAC. However on windows/Unitx it is shown under "Tools->options"