How to manage zip file

• Hi. I have to manage a zip file (not gzip, just zip). Can somenone suggest me a way to do it (on both Linux and Windows)? qCompress and qUncompress does not work.

Regards.

• Moderators

• The only answer is zlib, you just need to decide the flavour

• QuaZIP (handles only .zip, wrapper around zlib)
    • KArchive (supports multiple compression formats, for zip it's a wrapper on zlib)
    • zlib if you don't mind C then you can use directly the reference library for zip files

I personally use KArchive because it's already conveniently wrapped in a Qt style and it can rely on the support of KDE

• Hi. I'm trying to use quazip.
    I have built quazip package without problem. When I try to run

JlCompress::extractDir("a.zip", ".");

the probgram goes to crash.

.pro

windows {
        INCLUDEPATH += C:/Users/Denis/git/ControlloAccessi/quazip-0.7.2
        INCLUDEPATH += C:/Users/Denis/git/ControlloAccessi/zlib128-dll/include
        LIBS += C:/Users/Denis/git/ControlloAccessi/quazip-0.7.2/quazip/release/quazip.lib
    }

main.cpp

#include "quazip/quazip.h"
    #include "QFile"
    #include "QDebug"

#include <quazip/JlCompress.h>

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) : QMainWindow(parent), ui(new Ui::MainWindow) {
        ui->setupUi(this);
        JlCompress::extractDir("a.zip", "b");
    }

• Moderators

@mrdebug Did you try to debug to see what happens? Is it SIGSEGV or something else? Any error messages?

• @mrdebug said in How to manage zip file:

When I try to run

You are linking to the release version of quazip so make sure you run the release version of your app.

change LIBS += C:/Users/Denis/git/ControlloAccessi/quazip-0.7.2/quazip/release/quazip.lib into

CONFIG(debug, debug|release) {
        LIBS += -L"C:/Users/Denis/git/ControlloAccessi/quazip-0.7.2/quazip/debug"
        LIBS += -lquazipd
    }else {
        LIBS += -L"C:/Users/Denis/git/ControlloAccessi/quazip-0.7.2/quazip/release"
        LIBS += -lquazip
    }

Also make sure you make both Quazip.dll and zlib.dll (if you did not compile it as static) available at runtime

• Sorry. I have missed the required dlls.
    Is there a way to unzip a zip stream, from a QByteArray without to store it to a file before?

• yes with http://quazip.sourceforge.net/classQuaZip.html#ae52ebadd5ce64cdb49d7e198904b0b8c
    create a QDataStream operating on the QByteArary and then pass QDataStream::device() to that constructor.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what you are trying to do but you might not need QuaZip at all, have a look at http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qbytearray.html#qCompress and below

• Someting like this?

QDataStream BufferIn(&Source, QIODevice::ReadOnly);
                        QuaZipFile quaZip(BufferIn.device());
                        qDebug() << quaZip.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly);

returns false...

• QuaZipFile represents a file inside a zip file, not a zip file in itself. the constructor you are calling is this one: http://quazip.sourceforge.net/classQuaZipFile.html#a1349ad27f1947bc3e346d83dbf9586c4 use QuaZip instead.

P.S.
    QDataStream BufferIn(&Source, QIODevice::ReadOnly); is the same as QDataStream BufferIn(Source);

• After many tries I can't unzip something without to use a file.
    These lines of code

QDataStream BufferIn(&QBABufferOut, QIODevice::ReadOnly);
                            QuaZip quaZip(BufferIn.device());

does not seem to work.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

What do you have in QBABufferOut ?
    Are you sure it's opened correctly ?
    Why do you need BufferIn for ?

And most important, what do you mean by does not seem to work? That's to vague to help you.

• Please have a look at this sequence:

QuaZipFile quaZip(QBABufferOut);                // (rapresents a zip archivie in ram).
                                if (quaZip.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly)) {         // QIODevice::ReadOnly or someting else
                                    qDebug() << "ok";
                                } else qDebug() << "error";                     // always error!!!!!!!!!!!!

• You have to open the QuaZip for decompression first:

QBuffer storageBuff(&QBABufferOut);
        QuaZip zip(&storageBuff);
        if (!zip.open(QuaZip::mdUnzip))
            qDebug() << "error";
        QuaZipFile file(&zip);
        for (bool f = zip.goToFirstFile(); f; f = zip.goToNextFile()) {
            QuaZipFileInfo fileInfo;
            file.getFileInfo(&fileInfo);
            qDebug() << fileInfo.name;
            file.open(QIODevice::ReadOnly);

qDebug() << "Content: " << file.readAll().toBase64();
            file.close();
        }
        zip.close();

P.S.

// (rapresents a zip archivie in ram).

No it doesn't. As mentioned before QuaZipFile represent a file inside a zip archive, not the archive itself

• It works perfectly.
    Many thanks.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.