I can't debugging my project example from Qt creator

• I am a new developer with Qt.
    i am using window7 , I already download and install window debugger for Qt

• this is what i choose for debugger - Auto-detected CDB at C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\cdb.exe

when i start debugging, it said - error - The ABI of selected de bugger does not match the toolchain ABI.

anyone know how do i set up and fix it ...thanks

• Moderators

@eurekaWin
    HI and welcome to devnet forum

What version of Qt did you install?
    Compiler?

• @koahnig Qt 5.7.0 (MSVC 2013, 32 bit)

Qt Creator 4.1.0

Compilers - MinGW 4.9.2 32 bit MinGW
    Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 12.0 (x86) MSVC
    Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 14.0 (x86) MSVC
    Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 12.0 (x86_amd64) MSVC
    Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 14.0 (x86_amd64) MSVC

• Moderators

@eurekaWin "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x64\cdb.exe" - I am not a Windows expert, but is there another debugger for 32bit? Like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x32\cdb.exe"?

• @jsulm if i change to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x32\cdb.exe"

it produce the same error... The ABI of selected de bugger does not match the toolchain ABI.

• Moderators

@eurekaWin Are you sure you're using VC++ and not MinGW compiler? Check the Kit you're using, especially the used compiler.

• Dear all

I can solve the problem now...

at Qt creator .. I choose Projects -> Add Kit -> Change Kit -> Desktop Qt 5.6.1 MinGW 32 bit
    I realized that my pc 64bits OS but my Qt is 32 bit ..it doesn't matter ...
    I realized that i have to choose 32 bit MinGW in order to match with 32 bit Qt Creator/tools/MinGW32
    at first, i was trying to choose MSVC compiler or MinGW 64bit or something else

anyway..thanks to all for your time.. cheer

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.