Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Android/Linux - Application binary is not in output directory:



  • I'm getting the following when compiling the btfiletransfer example for Android

    13:55:49: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited normally.
    13:55:49: Starting: "/usr/bin/make" INSTALL_ROOT=/home/john/piImages/QtProjects/btFileTransfer/build-btfiletransfer-Android/android-build install
    make: Nothing to be done for 'install'.
    13:55:49: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited normally.
    13:55:49: Starting: "/home/john/Qt5.7/5.7/android_armv7/bin/androiddeployqt" --input /home/john/piImages/QtProjects/btFileTransfer/build-btfiletransfer-Android/android-libbtfiletransfer.so-deployment-settings.json --output /home/john/piImages/QtProjects/btFileTransfer/build-btfiletransfer-Android/android-build --deployment bundled --android-platform android-21 --jdk /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.8.0-openjdk --ant /usr/bin/ant
    Application binary is not in output directory: /home/john/piImages/QtProjects/btFileTransfer/build-btfiletransfer-Android/android-build//libs/armeabi-v7a/libbtfiletransfer.so. Please run 'make install INSTALL_ROOT=/home/john/piImages/QtProjects/btFileTransfer/build-btfiletransfer-Android/android-build/' first.

    There a few references to this but all seem to have been on windows and caused by spaces in the build directory name. Not relevant here. Doing as suggested in "Please run.." results in make: Nothing to be done for 'install'. This can also be seen in the output fragment above.

    I'm stuck

    John



  • I have no idea about this problem, but I think it is very common that SDK examples don't work, as they may have been written for very old SDK versions and nobody has later had time to update them... So, I would suggest figuring out the files the example uses and building a fresh project in QtCreator.



  • Well I kinda wanted to find out what was causing it and in the process of doing as suggested I did.

    I spent sometime getting this to compile on the Raspberry Pi and I was only going for an Android version so I could test it but I used the .pro
    from the RPi which includes the lines...

    target.files = btfiletransfer
    target.path = /home/pi
    INSTALLS += target

    I removed them and that fixed it.

    Thanks for the suggestion.



  • A quick update here. In case anyone arrives here for some reason other; Btfiletransfer doesn't work on Android...

    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtbluetooth-btfiletransfer-example.html

    which I hadn't spotted.


Log in to reply