Unsolved [Solved] Stepping into Qt library code whilst debugging
BartD last edited by BartD
I'm using the latest Qt version (5.7) and I'm using Visual Studio 2015 to compile into 64-bit code.
The debugger has been set up as per tips in : http://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-debugger-engines.html
Debugging works fine but I CANNOT step into the Qt libraries themselves, despite the *.pdb files being present in the lib folder and the source files under Qt\5.7\src. So, what do I do wrong here ??
Asperamanca last edited by
Most common issue I know is that, for some reason, you debugger finds and uses a release version of your Qt dlls first.
BartD last edited by
I found the solution, when I realized that the debugger took 3 x F11 (step into) before moving to the next line. What was missing was a reference to the Qt source files. Solution :
- Select Projects tool in QtCreator
- Select Manage Kits...
- Select Debugger in Popup Dialog
- Look for "Add Qt sources..." button
- Provide the path for the Qt source folder
- This path will be added as "Target Path"
- That's all - it works now...