Derived::Derived(void) :
        Base(),
        // ...
    {
        // ...
        foo->resize(436, 124);
        // ...
    }

Unfortunately, foo->resize(436, 124); often causes a segmentation fault. I say often because it sometimes (althrough rarely) doesn't... If that helps, here's the relevant track:

/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZNK7QWidget20testAttribute_helperEN2Qt15WidgetAttributeE+0x1e)[0x7fd396049aae]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN7QWidget12setAttributeEN2Qt15WidgetAttributeEb+0x167)[0x7fd396051667]
    /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libQt5Widgets.so.5(_ZN7QWidget6resizeERK5QSize+0x1d)[0x7fd396056d2d]

Any insight?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Out of curiosity, why resize that QTextEdit and not set it as central widget ?

Also, which version of Qt are you using ?

• @SGaist I'm sorry but I don't get your question. There are many Widgets on that window, and I want this QTextEdit to have that particular size (, at that particular place).

I believe that this is Qt 5.6

Edit: If I swap this line with foo->move(...); then I get a segmentation fault there. It looks like whatever member function will cause a segfault.

• Solved: It looks like I forgot to delete a member variable inside Derived, whose name was... foo. I do apologize for wasting everyone's time...

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.