Unexpected CDB Exit
a little ago I've deinstalled Qt 5.6, removed possible leftover directories and installed the newest version 5.7 (Version: Visual Studio 2015 - 64bit)
Expecting to hit a few difficulties, I had an issue right away, which I got fixed after deleting the toolchains.xml file as suggested in this post.
Now my problem is, that when trying to execute the code in debug mode - debug it (default hotkey F5) - I get instantly a very descriptive error.
"Unexpected CDB Exit"
"The CDB process terminated."
Running it works fine, debugging not at all.
I have a totally empty project (default files) without changes - Qt Widgets.
I went through previous posts and google and can't seem to figure out a solution for this error.
Settings - Options:
Kits - Desktop Qt 5.7.0 MSVC2015_64bit
Qt Versions - VS'15 - 64bit
Compilers Auto-detected from 12.0 and 14.0
(x86) (amd64) (x86_amd64) (x86_arm) (amd_64_arm)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Debuggers\x86\cdb.exe - and x64 C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Debuggers\x86\cdb.exe - and x64
CMake Auto-detected @Default installation path
I hope someone's able to help me with this issue.
I have the same error. Did you get a solution for that?
I was getting this error yesterday. I found the the CDB version didn't match with the linked UCRT.
I'm using Qt 5.6 to develop my application I found that I need to manually link against ucrt like this
INCLUDEPATH += "C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Include/10.0.10586.0/ucrt" LIBS += -L"C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Kits/10/Lib/10.0.10586.0/ucrt/x64"
And I found that the CDB version need to match the ucrt version. So I am using CDB 10.0.10586.0 now and it is working.
I have the same problem. I tried @mcleary 's solution but unfortunately it didn't work for me.
I got the same error form. Finally found that some DLL needed is missing. You could click the exe file in DEBUG to find which DLL is missing.
@bitlixi thanks for the hint, I indeed checked the .exe in debug folder. Turned out my Qt/bin folder had magically forgot Qt5OpenGLd.dll
I had the same problem. I had incorrectly picked the x86 cdb version instead of the x64 version in configuring the kit.