QtCharts - Logarithmic QDateTimeAxis

• The software package I co-develop at work is dependent on Qt 4.8, but we plan to move to Qt 5 when we have time/funding. We currently depend on a third-party plotting package for our 2D data visualization, but we'd like to be able to use QtCharts when we upgrade.

Some of our data sets are time-dependent and are often extrapolated hundreds or thousands of years in the future. As such, a logarithmic time scale would be quite useful, if not necessary to view the data in a truly meaningful manner.

Can anyone provide guidance on properly extending QDateTimeAxis (, QLogValueAxis, or QAbstractAxis) to provide a logarithmic time scale as I've described?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Not a direct answer but the module being newly released as Open Source, you should bring this to the interest mailing list. You'll find there Qt's developers/maintainers. This forum is more user oriented.

• Thank you for pointing me to the mailing list. I'll post there in the hope someone can point me in the right direction.

• I'm afraid my post in the Interest mailing list won't be approved by the moderator since it's been two weeks since I submitted it. Is there anyone here who has experience with creating custom axes for Qt Charts?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You should have subscribed to the mailing list. You message would have gone through directly.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.