Map multiple rows with multiple widgets

• Hi,

I have got a QSqlTableModel with multiple rows (e.g. 3 rows). Now I want to map the data with multiple widgets. Each row should map to one widget, the mapped widget should be placed horizontal side by side. It should look like this:

tree widgets

I create the widgets side by side like this:

numberOfRows = model->rowCount();

// add a widget for each row
        for (int i=0;i<numberOfRows;++i)
        {
            myWidget = new RowWidget();
            ui->QLayout->addWidget(myWidget);
        }

How do I map the data with the widgets, to show in one widget the data of one row (and if I edit the data in the widget the result will be submited to the database)

Thank you!

Franz

• I would do it in the myWidget constructor, just add parameters for everything you need, assuming the link you provided constructor canlook like:

explicit  myWidget(QString row1, int row2, double row2, QWidget* parent = 0);

and than just bind data when creating them in for loop.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Looks like a job for QDataWidgetMapper

• Yes, I thought also in this direction. I have tried this:

numberOfRows = model->rowCount();

mapper = new QDataWidgetMapper(this);
        mapper->setModel(model);
        mapper->setItemDelegate(new QSqlRelationalDelegate(mapper));

// add a widget for each row
        for (int i=0;i<numberOfRows;++i)
        {
            myWidget = new RowWidget();
            ui->QLayout->addWidget(myWidget);

mapper->addMapping(myWidget->SpinBox,2);
            mapper->addMapping(myWidget->DoubleSpinBox,3);
        }

mapper->toFirst();

But the code above did not worked correct (I have in every widget the data of the last row!!). How do I install the mapper to have in every widget the data of one row?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Use one mapper per RowWidget.

One solution would be to have the mapper itself in RowWidget, have a setModel and a setRow method also in RowWidget so you can build them and change the row used by the mapper as you wish.

• I did it! I added the QDataWidgetMapper in the constructor of RowWidget. On creating the myWidget in the for loop, I commit the rowID of the row which is shown in the widget.

Thanks to all!

• Qt Champions 2016

@Mr.-Kibu
    Have in mind that QDataWidgetMapper has a known bug/deficiency when working with relational sql model and having a combo box for the foreign key.

• Thank you for the info, I don't know that. Where can I get more informations about this bug?

• Qt Champions 2016

@Mr.-Kibu
    Take a look at this thread.

EDIT: Also this bug report.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.