static function pointer to non-static function member

• I look for a piece of advise:
    I need to trigger a non-static function member of my MyClass when any of the 256 objects of type MeterClass changes. I am trying by using a static function pointer but I am not able to call a non-static function in object "programa" of type MyClass.
    Function I need to call is in fact a non-static member of other class. I tryed pointing to a global function and it worked ok but now, I need to point to a non-static member of other class but it does not compile.

class MeterClass{
    public:
       void setValue(unsigned long x){
          m = x;
          cb_update(); // here I call pointed func when value changes
       }
       static void (* cb_update)(void); //pointer to func to call when meter changes
    private:
       unsigned long m;
    }
    class MyClass{
    public:
       MeterClass meter[256]; // create 256 instances of MeterClass
       void objectHasBeenUpdated(void){ /* action */ } // non-static function to call when a meter changes
    //... code follow describing behaviour, at any time, one meter changes, let's say meter[10].setValue(5);
    }

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
    {
       QApplication app(argc, argv);
       MyClass programa;
       MeterClass::cb_update = programa.objectHasBeenUpdated; // <--this does not work, does not compile
       return app.exec();
    }

I am sorry if it is not clear, I dont want to be so extensive. Should I try with other resources? signals and slots?
    I hope anybody could advise.
    Thank you very much

• Qt Champions 2016

@ivanperino
    Hello,
    Static functions and global functions can be called the same way. Non-static functions (members) can be called through the pointer-to-member operators, but you need an object in addition to the member pointer.

Look also here.

Kind regards.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.