QResources relative path problem

• Hi,
    i want to use windows enviroment variables (a directory) in my QResources. I want to work with a central directory for all my pictures, icons and so on which is referenced by a enviroment variable.

For example: "c:\bmp" contains all pictures. "BMP = C:\bmp" ist the enviroment variable/value. Is it possible to use this variable in the QResource system? I have read the documentation but couldn't find an anwser.

• Qt Champions 2017

Hi
    It seems only to accept files directly.
    So you would have to add all in C:\bmp / whole folder.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

No you can't, the files you put in .qrc must be in the same folder as the .qrc file or in a subfolder within that folder.

More information here

• @ck_ee said:

Is it possible to use this variable in the QResource system?

As @SGaist said, not directly.

However, you should be able to add a custom qmake target that creates a symbolic link to the $$(BMP) path under wherever your *.qrc file is.

As far as I know, qmake has no built-in commands for creating symbolic links, so you'd have to implement per-platform commands; perhaps something like:

win32-msvc: mybmptarget.commands = mklink /j $$(BMP) $$OUT_PWD/.../resources/bmp
    unix: mybmptarget.commands = ln -s $$(BMP) $$OUT_PWD/.../resources/bmp

Cheers.

• ty for the tip :]

finally this .pri file worked for me

win32 {
        PRJ_DIR = $$OUT_PWD
        PRJ_DIR ~= s,/,\\,g
        BMP_DIR = $$(ENV_PATH)\bmp
        BMP_DIR ~= s,/,\\,g

mybmptarget.commands = $$(ENV_PATH)\bmp\link.bat $$PRJ_DIR\bmp $$BMP_DIR
        mybmptarget.target = mybmptarget
        QMAKE_EXTRA_TARGETS += mybmptarget
        PRE_TARGETDEPS += mybmptarget
    }

the link.bat contains:

if not exist %1 (	
    	mklink /j %1 %2 
    )

This allows me to use a global ressource folder which is referenced by a PATH variable.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.