From 10:00 CET Friday 22nd November we will adjust how the server works to deal with some recently reported problems. Therefore there may be a load problem, if you experience more problems than usual trying to access the forum then please PM AndyS or any of the moderators so they can inform me.

INCLUDEPATH not honored when compiling using MSVC2013

• I downloaded and installed qt-opensource-windows-x86-msvc2013-5.5.1.exe.
    With MSVC2013 I created a library that comes with its own include files.
    For the sake of simplicity, I put the include file in C:\temp.
    I also added INCLUDEPATH += C:/temp to the .pro file
    However, when I try to compile, there is an error that the compiler cannot file this file:

C:\Users\rpamm\songbase\app\SBMediaPlayer.cpp:5: error: C1083: Cannot open include file: 'portaudio.h': No such file or directory

Looking at the compiler output, I don't see any reference to the INCLUDEPATH (added to the .pro file). Following is the output at it appears in the 'Compile Ouput' tab:

C:\Qt\Qt5.5.1\Tools\QtCreator\bin\jom.exe -f Makefile.Release
    	cl -c -nologo -Zc:wchar_t -FS -O2 -MD -Zc:strictStrings -GR -W3 -w34100 -w34189 -w44996 -EHsc -DUNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKITWIDGETS_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DNDEBUG -I..\app -I. -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtWebKitWidgets -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtWidgets -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtWebKit -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtMultimedia -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtGui -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtANGLE -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtSql -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtXml -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtNetwork -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\include\QtCore -Irelease -I. -I..\..\..\..\Qt\Qt5.5.1\5.5\msvc2013\mkspecs\win32-msvc2013 -Forelease\ @C:\Users\rpamm\AppData\Local\Temp\SBMediaPlayer.obj.10100.110.jom
    SBMediaPlayer.cpp
    ..\app\SBMediaPlayer.cpp(5) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'portaudio.h': No such file or directory
    jom: C:\Users\rpamm\songbase\build-Songbase-Desktop_Qt_5_5_1_MSVC2013_32bit-Release\Makefile.Release [release\SBMediaPlayer.obj] Error 2

Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help/hints/directions.

Roy

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

Is portaudio.h located in C:/temp or in a subfolder ?

• @SGaist Just located in c:\temp

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Did you re-run qmake after modifying the .pro file ?

• You're the man! That did the trick.
    I still don't see the include path displayed in the compiler output tab, not sure why.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Roy

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Since you have it working now, please mark the thread as solved using the "Topic Tool" button so that other forum users may know a solution has been found :)