QT c++ code for mounting and unmounting USB flash drive?

• On the hunt for some examples on the net.. Anyone here run into this situation ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

You can use QProcess to call mount/umount with the adequate options.

• wow that was fast.. I am getting back into c++ , QT seems to be a fairly robust IDE. It packs more than you first expect...
    thanks for your answer...Heh ,actually I was planning on calling mount and umount as a process call . I thought maybe QT might have a class for this somewhere...

• Lifetime Qt Champion

No it doesn't, that's a bit too platform specific.

Don't forget a thing: mount and umount requires admin privileges to work, unless the mount points are setup to be mountable by the user.

By the way it's Qt, QT stands for Apple QuickTime

• Hi,

just to be precise, Qt is not an IDE.

Anyway, instead of using an external process I suggest to use the C API mount(); here you can find the manual

• Wow , you guys know this environment very well ... I am coming over from using VS, Eclipse, and a couple of other developement environments. I was so spoiled when I was C# programming in .NET :)

• Hi, Use this i have used QProcess as SGaist suggested.

QProcess* chkproc = new QProcess();
    chkproc->start("blkid");
    chkproc->waitForFinished();

QString output(chkproc->readAllStandardOutput());

int start = output.indexOf("/dev/sd", 0, Qt::CaseInsensitive);

QString usbPath = output.mid(start, 9);
    QProcess* process = new QProcess();
    process->start("mount "+ usbPath +" /media/usb");
    process->waitForFinished();

QProcess::ExitStatus Status = process->exitStatus();
    if (Status == 0)
    {
        qDebug() << "Usb Inserted!";
    }

• Lifetime Qt Champion

@Jimit-Rupani you are leaking at least two object each time you call that routine. Use the stack for the QProcess objects.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.