Qt for a high performance server

• Hi
    I am developing a Qt mobile application which connects to a server which does some heavy duty processing. I dont use HTTP but just send JSON objects back and forth using simple TCP. Now I used TCPServer and implemented a neat multithreaded application that acts as the server. Normally one would use PHP or Java servelets to do this but I took this route and ended up with a "C++ server" which I think is very very rare. But enjoyed being able to use C++ and OOP instead of a scripting environment.

My question is, is this a recommended route ? What if I have thousands of users connecting to the server per second, does the TCPServer, QNetworkAccessManager and QThread infrastructure scale up and handle this load? Or does it end up similar to a standard web server and its limitations (if well written using threadpools etc) ?

Thanks!
    Sanjit

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

The only answer I see is: benchmark. You have to test your server under heavy load to see how well it's doing.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.