Building QT 5.5 from source on CentOS 6

• Hi,

I was able to build QT 4 but could not build the 5.5, I searched the wiki build document, not avail. Appreciate clues what I could be missing?

$ configure --prefix=~/qtinstall -opensource -confirm-license -nomake examples -nomake tests

qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:483:14: error: ‘XI_TouchBegin’ was not declared in this scope
    case XI_TouchBegin:
    ^
    qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:484:14: error: ‘XI_TouchUpdate’ was not declared in this scope
    case XI_TouchUpdate:
    ^
    qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:485:14: error: ‘XI_TouchEnd’ was not declared in this scope
    case XI_TouchEnd:
    ^

qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:965:105: warning: unused parameter ‘eventListener’ [-Wunused-parameter]
    bool QXcbConnection::xi2HandleTabletEvent(void *event, TabletData *tabletData, QXcbWindowEventListener *eventListener)

make[9]: *** [.obj/qxcbconnection_xi2.o] Error 1
    make[8]: *** [sub-xcb_qpa_lib-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make[7]: *** [sub-xcb-make_first] Error 2
    make[6]: *** [sub-platforms-make_first] Error 2
    make[5]: *** [sub-plugins-make_first] Error 2
    make[4]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make[3]: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [QT/5.5.0] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [QT/5.5.0/CMakeFiles/QT5.5.0.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Thank you.

jup

• I added -no-xcb which I shouldn't as I will run the qt on vm via vnc. Anyway, it got following new error:

qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/xcb/qxcbconnection_xi2.cpp:178:18: error: ‘XITouchClass’ was not declared in this scope
    case XITouchClass:
    ^
    make[9]: *** [.obj/qxcbconnection_xi2.o] Error 1
    make[8]: *** [sub-xcb-plugin-pro-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make[7]: *** [sub-xcb-make_first] Error 2
    make[6]: *** [sub-platforms-make_first] Error 2
    make[5]: *** [sub-plugins-make_first] Error 2
    make[4]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make[3]: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2

• Fixed by adding -qt-xcb.

Thanks.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

Glad you out and thanks for sharing your solution.

Out of curiosity, do you have the xcb dev package installed on your system ?

• Hi,

Thanks for your response, I do have libxcb-devel-1.9.1-3.el6.x86_64 package installed, but I've just found out that the libqxcb.so is not included in plugins/platforms causing application errors of xcb was not found in qt plugins. I have already configured Qt with -qt-xcb why the xcb is missing in plugins?

Thank you and appreciate it.

jup

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You are missing a dependency for those symbols that's why it's not built

• Thanks for the response, could you elaborate what depedendies I could miss for libqxcb plugin? I've followed the wiki to install all the depedencies:

ruby flex libxcb libxcb-devel libXrender libXrender-devel xcb-util-wm xcb-util-wm-devel xcb-util xcb-util-devel xcb-util-image xcb-util-image-devel xcb-util-keysyms xcb-util-keysyms-devel gstreamer gstreamer-devel

Thank you so much and approeciate it.

• Fixed by moving to another clean machine.

Thanks your response.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.