Qt and VxWorks

• Hello All,

Currently I am looking into using Qt with VxWorks to use on an embedded platform (PPC).

I followed the platform notes for VxWorks on how to configure and build Qt.

@
    ./configure -xplatform unsupported/vxworks-simpentium-g++ -embedded vxworks -exceptions -no-gfx-linuxfb -no-mouse-linuxtp -no-mouse-pc -no-kbd-tty
    @
    and then make.

First tried the simpentium target so that I know it works in my environment. Only I am getting some compilation errors which I can not trace back to something. It reports an error about missing mBlkHdr and other stuff not correct.

@
    Errors with Qt version 4.6.3:
    Compiling file /src/gui/image/qpixmapfilter.cpp
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h:91: error: expected ';' before '.' token
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h: In constructor 'QFontEngineGlyphCache::QFontEngineGlyphCache(const QTransform&, QFontEngineGlyphCache::Type)':
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h:84: error: class 'QFontEngineGlyphCache' does not have any field named 'mBlkHdr'
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h:84: error: expected (' before '.' token ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h:84: error: expected{' before '.' token
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h: At global scope:
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h:84: warning: unused parameter 'type'
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h: In member function 'QFontEngineGlyphCache::Type QFontEngineGlyphCache::cacheType() const':
    ../../include/QtGui/private/../../../src/gui/text/qfontengineglyphcache_p.h:88: error: 'mBlkHdr' was not declared in this scope
    @
    I am using VxWorks 6.8 on Linux (Ubuntu 10.10). And as source files qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3.tar.gz downloaded from the ftp archive.

So my questions are:

• Did I miss something to configure?
    • Does someone know on with version of Qt (or branch) this VxWorks port was done?
    • Does the mBlkHdr error say something to someone?
    • Are there other people who did managed to configure and build Qt for VxWorks?

Thanks for your time and help!

Best regards,
    Antoine

• Hi,

could be that the definition of m_data in \target\h\net\mbuf.h is causing the error width mBlkHdr

Regards
    gl

• Hi,

The existing VxWorks port is not complete. We are working with Wind River to bring a greatly improved port available soon.

Please see: http://www.digia.com/en/Blogs/Qt-blog/Katherine-Barrios/Dates/2012/2/Qt-Commercial-Formally-Supports-VxWorks/

Yours,

Tuukka Turunen
    Director, R&D
    Digia, Qt Commercial

• Hi Antoine,

As per the below link, QT 4.8.3 has the full support for VxWorks.
    http://blog.qt.digia.com/2012/09/13/qt-commercial-4-8-3-released-with-official-support-for-vxworks/
    But I could not find from where we can get it downloaded?

Hi Tuukka,
    Can you please let me know from where I can get QT 4.8.3(for VxWorks) libraries or SDK downloaded? The QT website does not mention about the VxWorks. I would be working soon on QT with VxWorks.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
    Parag Rudrawar

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.