Can a Mac DynLib Spawn an Async QProcess?

• Can a Mac dynlib spawn an async QProcess? Here's my trouble:

• The examples I see on the web show this called from a GUI, and therefore they pass a "this" object on the "new QProcess(this)" call. That doesn't seem to work from a dynlib that isn't a GUI. What do I pass instead?

• How do I keep a private handle variable on the class for the QProcess so that other functions can use that private variable?

• This QProcess can take awhile to run (the command line takes awhile). How do I peek into standard output and standard error from it occasionally without doing blocking that locks up the dynlib? How do I know that the process has completed?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

QProcess is part of QtCore. The parent can be any QObject or even 0 as long as you handle it's deletion properly.

What private variable do you have in mind ?

You have the link readyReadStandardError and readyReadStandardOutput to get data from your QProcess and the finished signal to know when it's done.

• @SGaist said:

Hi,

QProcess is part of QtCore. The parent can be any QObject or even 0 as long as you handle it's deletion properly.

What private variable do you have in mind ?

The QProcess that I spawned. You also remind me -- when done, I need to use the "delete" statement on it so that I don't have a memory leak.

You have the link readyReadStandardError and readyReadStandardOutput to get data from your QProcess and the finished signal to know when it's done.

How do I connect those signals asynchronously within the Macintosh .dynlib file that I coded?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Creating a shared library on OS X using Qt follows the same rules as creating an application. You don't have special handling to do. Create your classes like you would for your application.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.