[solved]Troubles with textEdit signals

• I'm tryin to use textEdit signal textChanged() to call slot mySlot(QString), which should make button available when user is typing some text.

void MyDialogWindow::mySlot(QString str)
    {
    ui->pushButton->setEnabled(!str.isEmpty());
    }

connect(ui->textEdit, SIGNAL(textChanged(QString)), this, SLOT(mySlot(QString));

But when I type some text nothing happens. If I use lineEdit instead textEdit - everything is ok and mySlot works fine. What's the problem with textEdit signal?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

QTeditEdit's textChanged is a signal with not parameter, you can't connect it to a slot that has a parameter. Just remove it, and check your textEdit content there.

• @SGaist OH! Thank you so much! I spent a few hours trying to find a solution and the problem was so simple)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

You're welcome !

Since you have it working now, please update the thread title prepending [solved] so other forum users may know a solution has been found :)

Also, while browsing the forum, consider up-voting answer that helps you, it will help other users to find them more easily :)

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.