Linking Error using WINAPI-Function "DisableProcessWindowsGhosting()" from User32.dll

• Hi Community,

i have a strange Issue using a native Win32-API function called "DisableProcessWindowsGhosting()" located in User32.dll.
    I tried a lot(inclusive adding win32:LIBS += -lUser32 to *.pro), but everything results in same Error Messages:
    ":main.cpp:(.text+0x4f): undefined reference to `_imp__DisableProcessWindowsGhosting@0'" && "ld returned 1 exit status".

I also tried to include <qt_windows.h> instead of <windows.h> but also this results in the same behaviour.

I'm using QTCreator 3.2.2, QT 4.8.6, mingw/gcc on Windows 7

We are developing an Application on an Embedded Touch device, i need this Function to deactivate "ProcessWindowsGhosting"-Technologie which produces the "Application is not responding/Freezing" PopUp-Message.

Can anyone help me with linkage against User32 on mingw and gcc, or is there a QT alternative to "DisableProcessWindowsGhosting(VOID)"?

Thanks a lot.

• This function is only for desktop applications. It may not exist for embedded systems.

I would check if the function exist before doing anything else. If you list the exported functions from USER32 and don't see it then this explains the linker error.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.