[Help to setup a user interface]

• Hi guys :)

I'm a newbie to Qt creator, so if anyone has the time to help me, I will be more than happy :)
    I know the basic of c++

What I am trying to get developed is a user interface for a project at my university.

The project deals with a kind of prevention against burglary, which is done by different light units around in one's home.
    These light units are controlled with a X10 transmitter and receiver, who is talking to a STK500 board. The entire system can be controlled from a user interface. Where on the front must be a 4 digit code that must be entered to access the menu.

I imagine the interface to function on a touch screen :)

Hope someone will help me get started :)

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi and welcome to devnet,

For that front end input it depends on how you would like to provide the digit code input.

Do you want to have a numeric keypad ? Use a standard keyboard ?

What will be your target OS to control that system ?

• @SGaist Hi SGaist,

I imagine the 4 digit code, should be like most mobilephones, where u have from 1 - 9 buttons:

1 2 3
    4 5 6
    7 8 9

and when u hit the last of the 4 digit it will slide to menu. If u hit the code wrong it should do nothing.

I think the OS should be android to begin with but not sure. U have any suggestens ?

• Lifetime Qt Champion

If you want to do it widget style you might be interested by this

Otherwise, are you going to use QML ?

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.