[solved] Qt on Android 5.2: Android Status Bar visible on startup for about a second

• I observe that the android status bar on top is visible after starting the app for about one second until it disappears.

I use the following code to disable the status bar.

@
    QQuickView view;
    view.showFullScreen();
    @

Before 5.2 I used the android manifest to deactivate the status bar, but this seems not to work anymore since Qt 5.2.

I use a Nexus 10 tablet with Android 4.4.2

My question is, how can I prevent the android status bar to be displayed for about a second until it disappears and the application flickers for that reason?

• Moderators

Hi,

Try with Qt 5.2.1 or Qt 5.3 if possible.

• Thank you! Indeed it is much better since Qt 5.2.1. Although there is still a slight flickering on startup of the application.

[quote author="p3c0" date="1400652472"]Hi,

Try with Qt 5.2.1 or Qt 5.3 if possible.[/quote]

• I updated to Qt 5.3.1.

In 5.2.1 the android softkey menubar on the bottom disappeared when setting the following:

@
    QQuickView view;
    view.showFullScreen();
    @

This is the desired behaviour :-)

With 5.3.1 the buttons on the menu bar disappear, but the rectangle of the menu bar is still there in a light gray color.

Bugin 5.3.1?

• Yeah, the problem is back, slightly different though. As you describe, the place where the statusbar was is now an empty whitish rectangle.
    See https://bugreports.qt-project.org/browse/QTBUG-39977

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.