[solved] Build application with Qt5 for iOS

• Hi

I am trying to build an application with Qt5.3 for iOS. I am able to cross-compile Qt5 modules with the configuration command:

./configure -developer-build -nomake examples -nomake tests -opensource -confirm-license -release
    -xplatform macx-ios-clang -sdk iphoneos

While the compilation succeeds, when building my application it still tries to link with i386 libraries. The XCode project is generated with qmake. I have used the same steps to build Qt for the iOS simulator (using -sdk iphonesimulator) and this time the application builds and runs in the simulator. Are there any other steps that I should do in order to build an application for iOS and run it on the phone ?

• hi,
    I think you mistakenly write here as Qt 5.3. Currently Qt has released Qt 5.2 alpha version. They will officially release Qt 5.2 in a few weeks. this version is meant to support the iOS and Android development with no issues. the whole previous versions are test phases and it contains errors while developing applications.

• Qt5.3 is the version from development branch. I think that my error is related to the fact that I need a Developer License for compiling my application, even if it is a little odd that Qt libraries compile anyway.

• Ohh its cool that Qt5.3 is available from development branch. I never tried this as i simply uses the free version of Qt. anyway good luck to you.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.