[SOLVED] Convert #define value to QString?

• I have the following define in a central .pri file:

@DEFINES += "TCL_VERSION=0.75"@

In my program, I would like to output this version, and therefore need to convert the value '0.75' into a QString.

No obvious way to do that occurred to me. QString(TCL_VERSION) does not compile, and QString("TCL_VERSION") will obviously not do what I want.

Ideas?

• You either modify your .pri file and wrap the value correctly with quotes
    @
    DEFINES += TCL_VERSION="\"0.75\""

QString(TCL_VERSION);
    @
    or you use the preprocessor to do this for you
    @
    #define QUOTE(string) _QUOTE(string)
    #define _QUOTE(string) #string

QString(QUOTE(TCL_VERSION));
    @

• Thanks!

On an unrelated note: Why do I always get
    "Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time " whenever I try to just write "Thanks"?

• [quote author="Asperamanca" date="1329723547"]Thanks!

On an unrelated note: Why do I always get
    "Error Message: Unable to receive your submission at this time " whenever I try to just write "Thanks"?[/quote]

Network problem?

• Nope. It consistently happens when I try to write short answers.

• I think there is a minimum amount of characters which need to be entered into a post to be accepted (to prevent short bump and spam posts). The error message is just misleading.

• Additionally, you cannot post a comment that has the very same wording as a comment posted previously. If someone else had posted "Nope. It consistently happens when I try to write short answers." before, you wouldn't have been able to send your comment too.

Looks like your connection to Qt Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.