Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Android manifest variable

• Hi,
    according to this post, which says:

-- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% -- correspond to qmake setting TARGET

And the documentation here, which states:

TARGET
    Specifies the name of the target file. Contains the base name of the project file by default.
    For example:
    [...]
    TARGET = myapp
    [...]
    The project file above would produce an executable named myapp on unix and myapp.exe on Windows.

I have added the following in my .pro file:

TARGET = MahlZahl

When I use this, the application is being built and deployed to Android, but will stop with the error message

Your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue

before any possibility to debug it. Using small letters only for the app name or changing "=" to "+=" doesn't change a thing.
    Building and running the same project in Windows works well.

My application output shows (please note, that I am not using "containsKey" in my code!):

W System.err: java.lang.NullPointerException: Attempt to invoke virtual method 'boolean android.os.Bundle.containsKey(java.lang.String)' on a null object reference
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.QtNative$4.run(QtNative.java:495)
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.QtThread$2.run(QtThread.java:87)
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.QtThread$1.run(QtThread.java:61)
    W System.err: 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:764)
    W System.err: java.lang.Exception:
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtLoader.loadApplication(QtLoader.java:268)
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtLoader.startApp(QtLoader.java:505)
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivityLoader.onCreate(QtActivityLoader.java:166)
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity.onCreateHook(QtActivity.java:267)
    W System.err: 	at org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity.onCreate(QtActivity.java:274)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7136)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.Activity.performCreate(Activity.java:7127)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1272)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2908)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:3063)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.servertransaction.LaunchActivityItem.execute(LaunchActivityItem.java:78)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.executeCallbacks(TransactionExecutor.java:108)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.servertransaction.TransactionExecutor.execute(TransactionExecutor.java:68)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1823)
    W System.err: 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:107)
    W System.err: 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:198)
    W System.err: 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6729)
    W System.err: 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    W System.err: 	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
    W System.err: 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:876)

Developing on a Win10 machine with Qt 5.15.2 with Qt Creator 4.14.1., targeting a Nokia 8 with Android-Version 9

P.S.: This is a redefinition of an unanswered question from some 15hs before, that I've just deleted. As I have new information I didn't want the other thread to be unnecessarily cluttered.

• @SeDi said in Android manifest variable:

-- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% -- correspond to qmake setting TARGET

Do you use -- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% -- in you AndroidManifest?

Can you show where?

• @KroMignon said in Android manifest variable:

Do you use -- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% -- in you AndroidManifest?
    Can you show where?

Thanks for your answer, @KroMignon! Of course I can:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <manifest package="de.myurl.myapp" xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" android:versionName="-- %%INSERT_VERSION_NAME%% --" android:versionCode="-- %%INSERT_VERSION_CODE%% --" android:installLocation="auto">
        <!-- %%INSERT_PERMISSIONS -->
        <!-- %%INSERT_FEATURES -->
        <supports-screens android:largeScreens="true" android:normalScreens="true" android:anyDensity="true" android:smallScreens="true"/>
        <application android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:name="org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtApplication" android:label="-- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% --" android:extractNativeLibs="true" android:icon="@drawable/icon">
            <activity android:configChanges="orientation|uiMode|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|layoutDirection|locale|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|navigation|mcc|mnc|density" android:name="org.qtproject.qt5.android.bindings.QtActivity" android:label="-- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% --" android:screenOrientation="userLandscape" android:launchMode="singleTop">

[...other stuff...]

</activity>
              </application>
                  <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="21" android:targetSdkVersion="24"/>
    </manifest>  

It's in there twice, once in the <aplication... tag and once in the <activity... tag.
    Both times as

android:label="-- %%INSERT_APP_NAME%% --"

My .pro successfully defines version code and version name this way:

ANDROID_VERSION_CODE = "0"
    ANDROID_VERSION_NAME = "0.0.1"