Important: Please read the Qt Code of Conduct - https://forum.qt.io/topic/113070/qt-code-of-conduct

Using qmake and it can't find qtquickcontrols2

• I'm not familiar with QT, but I'm trying to build webcamoid on a raspberry pi 2 (Jessie), and it requires qmake to create the make file. The version of qt5 in the raspbian repo was too old (webcamoid requires 5.12.x+), so I built qt from source (http://download.qt.io/official_releases/qt/5.12/5.12.9/single/). I had to skip source directories qt3d and qtdeclarative because there were make errors I didn't know how to resolve, but I got it to build successfully.

Now when I run qmake on the Webcamoid.pro file it complains that it can't find QT QuickControls 2. I see a top-level source dir qtquickcontrols2, so I presume it got built, but I can't find any qtquickcontrols2.so file anywhere on my system. (I see that file on an Ubuntu system where I was able to install qt5 using apt-get.)

I suspect I need to do some configuration, or maybe I didn't buld it correctly. I'm really lost searching the web for help. Lots of info about how to use the QT Creator GUI app and I don't have the time or the need to learn all that stuff. I just want to use the make command line tool. Can someone either tell me what I'm missing or point me to a specific area I need to read?

This is the configure command I used when building qt5:

./configure -prefix $PWD/qtbase -opensource -confirm-license -silent -nomake tests -nomake examples -skip qtdeclarative -skip qt3d

Also, the instructions for webcamoid said to run qmake-qt5, but I don;t see that command available. I see qmake, and this is what I get when I run qmake -version:

Make version 3.1
    Using Qt version 5.12.9 in /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/lib

• Moderators

@MLeone said in Using qmake and it can't find qtcuickcontrols2:

-skip qtdeclarative

This is the offending bit. QML, QtQuick and QtQuickControls are all either defined in qtdeclarative module, or depend on it. You need to have it!

• Thanks for that. I ran configure and make again without skipping qtdeclarative, and now I have make errors that I don't know how to resolve. This is the stderr output I get when running make:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ make -j 4 > ~/qmake.out
    In file included from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qstring.h:1:0,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.h:44,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qcoreapplication.h:1,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qt_pch.h:62:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h: In member function ‘bool QUrlPrivate::setHost(const QString&, int, int, QUrl::ParsingMode)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:1053:7: warning: assuming signed overflow does not occur when assuming that (X - c) > X is always false [-Wstrict-overflow]
    { if (i >= s.d->size) s.resize(i + 1, QLatin1Char(' ')); else s.detach();
    ^
    In file included from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qglobal.h:1:0,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qt_pch.h:56:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h: In static member function ‘static QUrl QUrl::fromLocalFile(const QString&)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h:594:86: warning: assuming signed overflow does not occur when assuming that (X - c) > X is always false [-Wstrict-overflow]
    Q_DECL_CONSTEXPR inline const T &qMin(const T &a, const T &b) { return (a < b) ? a : b; }
    ^
    In file included from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qstring.h:1:0,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qcoreapplication.h:44,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qcoreapplication.h:1,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/corelib/global/qt_pch.h:62:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h: In member function ‘virtual QString QSqlDriver::sqlStatement(QSqlDriver::StatementType, const QString&, const QSqlRecord&, bool) const’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:1053:7: warning: assuming signed overflow does not occur when assuming that (X - c) > X is always false [-Wstrict-overflow]
    { if (i >= s.d->size) s.resize(i + 1, QLatin1Char(' ')); else s.detach();
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/network/access/qnetworkaccessdebugpipebackend_p.h:0: Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    In file included from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qglobal.h:1:0,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtGui/../../src/gui/kernel/qtguiglobal.h:43,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtGui/qtguiglobal.h:1,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/gui/kernel/qt_gui_pch.h:50:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h: In function ‘void setWidthAttribute(QTextLength*, const QString&)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h:594:86: warning: assuming signed overflow does not occur when assuming that (X - c) > X is always false [-Wstrict-overflow]
    Q_DECL_CONSTEXPR inline const T &qMin(const T &a, const T &b) { return (a < b) ? a : b; }
    ^
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/kernel/qobject.h:47,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/qobject.h:1,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtSql/../../src/sql/kernel/qsqldriver.h:44,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtSql/qsqldriver.h:1,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/psql/qsql_psql_p.h:54,
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/psql/qsql_psql.cpp:40:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h: In member function ‘virtual QVariant QPSQLResult::data(int)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/tools/qstring.h:1051:47: warning: assuming signed overflow does not occur when assuming that (X - c) <= X is always true [-Wstrict-overflow]
    { return i < s.d->size ? s.d->data()[i] : 0; }
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/offscreen/qoffscreencommon.cpp: In member function ‘virtual void QOffscreenCursor::setPos(const QPoint&)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/offscreen/qoffscreencommon.cpp:80:143: warning: ‘static void QWindowSystemInterface::handleMouseEvent(QWindow*, const QPointF&, const QPointF&, Qt::MouseButtons, Qt::KeyboardModifiers, Qt::MouseEventSource) [with Delivery = QWindowSystemInterface::DefaultDelivery; Qt::MouseButtons = QFlagsQt::MouseButton; Qt::KeyboardModifiers = QFlagsQt::KeyboardModifier]’ is deprecated (declared at /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtGui/5.12.9/QtGui/qpa/../../../../../src/gui/kernel/qwindowsysteminterface.h:81) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    QWindowSystemInterface::handleMouseEvent(containing, local, pos, QGuiApplication::mouseButtons(), QGuiApplication::keyboardModifiers());
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool QSQLite2Result::reset(const QString&)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp:326:52: warning: ‘QSqlError::QSqlError(const QString&, const QString&, QSqlError::ErrorType, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtSql/../../src/sql/kernel/qsqlerror.h:61) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    QSqlError::StatementError, res));
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool QSQLite2Driver::beginTransaction()’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp:479:86: warning: ‘QSqlError::QSqlError(const QString&, const QString&, QSqlError::ErrorType, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtSql/../../src/sql/kernel/qsqlerror.h:61) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    QString::fromLatin1(err), QSqlError::TransactionError, res));
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool QSQLite2Driver::commitTransaction()’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp:497:75: warning: ‘QSqlError::QSqlError(const QString&, const QString&, QSqlError::ErrorType, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtSql/../../src/sql/kernel/qsqlerror.h:61) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool QSQLite2Driver::rollbackTransaction()’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/sqldrivers/sqlite2/qsql_sqlite2.cpp:515:86: warning: ‘QSqlError::QSqlError(const QString&, const QString&, QSqlError::ErrorType, int)’ is deprecated (declared at /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtSql/../../src/sql/kernel/qsqlerror.h:61) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/vnc/qvncclient.cpp: In member function ‘void QVncClient::pointerEvent()’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/plugins/platforms/vnc/qvncclient.cpp:592:111: warning: ‘static void QWindowSystemInterface::handleMouseEvent(QWindow*, const QPointF&, const QPointF&, Qt::MouseButtons, Qt::KeyboardModifiers, Qt::MouseEventSource) [with Delivery = QWindowSystemInterface::DefaultDelivery; Qt::MouseButtons = QFlagsQt::MouseButton; Qt::KeyboardModifiers = QFlagsQt::KeyboardModifier]’ is deprecated (declared at /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtGui/5.12.9/QtGui/qpa/../../../../../src/gui/kernel/qwindowsysteminterface.h:81) [-Wdeprecated-declarations]
    QWindowSystemInterface::handleMouseEvent(0, pos, pos, ev.buttons, QGuiApplication::keyboardModifiers());
    ^
    Checking for ntddmodm... Project MESSAGE: ActiveQt is a Windows Desktop-only module. Will just generate a docs target.
    no
    Project MESSAGE: ActiveQt is a Windows Desktop-only module. Will just generate a docs target.
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtimageformats/src/3rdparty/libtiff/libtiff/tif_predict.c: In function ‘PredictorEncodeTile’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtimageformats/src/3rdparty/libtiff/libtiff/tif_predict.c:725:26: warning: format ‘%ld’ expects argument of type ‘long int’, but argument 4 has type ‘tmsize_t’ [-Wformat=]
    cc0 );
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtdeclarative/src/qml/jsruntime/qv4regexp.cpp: In member function ‘uint QV4::RegExp::match(const QString&, int, uint*)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtdeclarative/src/qml/jsruntime/qv4regexp.cpp:76:23: warning: unused variable ‘offsetJITFail’ [-Wunused-variable]
    static const uint offsetJITFail = std::numeric_limits<unsigned>::max() - 1;
    ^
    from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/QtCore:4,
    from ../../include/QtQuick/QtQuickDepends:3:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h: In member function ‘virtual void QQuickListViewPrivate::fixup(QQuickFlickablePrivate::AxisData&, qreal, qreal)’:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/include/QtCore/../../src/corelib/global/qglobal.h:594:86: warning: ‘pos’ may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtdeclarative/src/quick/items/qquicklistview.cpp:1612:15: note: ‘pos’ was declared here
    qreal pos;
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtremoteobjects/src/remoteobjects/qremoteobjectreplica.cpp:63:24: warning: unknown option after ‘#pragma GCC diagnostic’ kind [-Wpragmas]
    QT_WARNING_DISABLE_GCC("-Wtautological-compare")
    ^
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtscxml/src/scxml/qscxmlerror.h:0: Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtscxml/src/scxml/qscxmlcompiler.cpp:0: Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus)
    Please submit a full bug report,
    with preprocessed source if appropriate.
    See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.9/README.Bugs> for instructions.
    make[4]: *** [.obj/compressedtexturepvrtc.o] Error 4
    make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    Project MESSAGE: Unsupported Bluetooth platform, will not build a working QtBluetooth library.
    Project MESSAGE: Either no Qt D-Bus found or no BlueZ headers available.
    make[3]: *** [sub-qtcanvas3d-make_first] Error 2
    make[2]: *** [sub-imports-make_first-ordered] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make: *** [module-qtcanvas3d-make_first] Error 2
    make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    *** Conflicts: 14 shift/reduce, 22 reduce/reduce
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtconnectivity/src/bluetooth/qbluetoothdevicediscoveryagent_p.h:0: Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtconnectivity/src/bluetooth/qbluetoothservicediscoveryagent_p.h:0: Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtconnectivity/src/bluetooth/qbluetoothlocaldevice_p.h:0: Note: No relevant classes found. No output generated.

And here's the summary output from configure:

Configure summary:

Build type: linux-g++ (arm, CPU features: <none>)
    Compiler: gcc 4.9.2
    Configuration: use_gold_linker compile_examples enable_new_dtags largefile precompile_header silent shared rpath release c++11 c++14 concurrent dbus reduce_exports stl
    Build options:
    Mode ................................... release
    Optimize release build for size ........ no
    Building shared libraries .............. yes
    Using C standard ....................... C11
    Using C++ standard ..................... C++14
    Using ccache ........................... no
    Using gold linker ...................... yes
    Using new DTAGS ........................ yes
    Using precompiled headers .............. yes
    Using LTCG ............................. no
    Target compiler supports:
    NEON ................................. no
    Build parts ............................ libs tools
    Qt modules and options:
    Qt Concurrent .......................... yes
    Qt D-Bus ............................... yes
    Qt D-Bus directly linked to libdbus .... yes
    Qt Gui ................................. yes
    Qt Network ............................. yes
    Qt Sql ................................. yes
    Qt Testlib ............................. yes
    Qt Widgets ............................. yes
    Qt Xml ................................. yes
    Support enabled for:
    Using pkg-config ....................... yes
    udev ................................... yes
    Using system zlib ...................... yes
    Qt Core:
    DoubleConversion ....................... yes
    Using system DoubleConversion ........ no
    GLib ................................... yes
    iconv .................................. no
    ICU .................................... yes
    Tracing backend ........................ <none>
    Logging backends:
    journald ............................. no
    syslog ............................... no
    slog2 ................................ no
    Using system PCRE2 ..................... no
    Qt Network:
    getifaddrs() ........................... yes
    IPv6 ifname ............................ yes
    libproxy ............................... no
    Linux AF_NETLINK ....................... yes
    OpenSSL ................................ yes
    Qt directly linked to OpenSSL ........ no
    OpenSSL 1.1 ............................ no
    DTLS ................................... no
    SCTP ................................... no
    Use system proxies ..................... yes
    Qt Gui:
    Accessibility .......................... yes
    FreeType ............................... yes
    Using system FreeType ................ no
    HarfBuzz ............................... yes
    Using system HarfBuzz ................ no
    Fontconfig ............................. no
    Image formats:
    GIF .................................. yes
    ICO .................................. yes
    JPEG ................................. yes
    Using system libjpeg ............... yes
    PNG .................................. yes
    Using system libpng ................ yes
    EGL .................................... no
    OpenVG ................................. no
    OpenGL:
    Desktop OpenGL ....................... yes
    OpenGL ES 2.0 ........................ no
    OpenGL ES 3.0 ........................ no
    OpenGL ES 3.1 ........................ no
    OpenGL ES 3.2 ........................ no
    Vulkan ................................. no
    Session Management ..................... yes
    Features used by QPA backends:
    evdev .................................. yes
    libinput ............................... no
    INTEGRITY HID .......................... no
    mtdev .................................. no
    tslib .................................. no
    xkbcommon .............................. no
    X11 specific:
    XLib ................................. yes
    XCB Xlib ............................. yes
    EGL on X11 ........................... no
    QPA backends:
    DirectFB ............................... no
    EGLFS .................................. no
    LinuxFB ................................ yes
    VNC .................................... yes
    Mir client ............................. no
    Qt Sql:
    SQL item models ........................ yes
    Qt Widgets:
    GTK+ ................................... no
    Styles ................................. Fusion Windows
    Qt PrintSupport:
    CUPS ................................... yes
    Qt Sql Drivers:
    DB2 (IBM) .............................. no
    InterBase .............................. no
    MySql .................................. yes
    OCI (Oracle) ........................... no
    ODBC ................................... no
    PostgreSQL ............................. yes
    SQLite2 ................................ yes
    SQLite ................................. yes
    Using system provided SQLite ......... no
    TDS (Sybase) ........................... yes
    Qt Testlib:
    Tester for item models ................. yes
    Qt SerialBus:
    Socket CAN ............................. yes
    Socket CAN FD .......................... yes
    Further Image Formats:
    JasPer ................................. no
    MNG .................................... no
    TIFF ................................... yes
    Using system libtiff ................. no
    WEBP ................................... yes
    Using system libwebp ................. no
    Qt QML:
    QML network support .................... yes
    QML debugging and profiling support .... yes
    QML sequence object .................... yes
    QML list model ......................... yes
    QML XML http request ................... yes
    QML Locale ............................. yes
    QML delegate model ..................... yes
    Qt Quick:
    Direct3D 12 ............................ no
    AnimatedImage item ..................... yes
    Canvas item ............................ yes
    Support for Qt Quick Designer .......... yes
    Flipable item .......................... yes
    GridView item .......................... yes
    ListView item .......................... yes
    TableView item ......................... yes
    Path support ........................... yes
    PathView item .......................... yes
    Positioner items ....................... yes
    Repeater item .......................... yes
    ShaderEffect item ...................... yes
    Sprite item ............................ yes
    Qt Scxml:
    ECMAScript data model for QtScxml ...... yes
    Qt Gamepad:
    SDL2 ................................... no
    Qt Wayland Client ........................ no
    Qt Wayland Compositor .................... no
    Qt Bluetooth:
    BlueZ .................................. no
    BlueZ Low Energy ....................... no
    Linux Crypto API ....................... no
    WinRT Bluetooth API (desktop & UWP) .... no
    Qt Sensors:
    sensorfw ............................... no
    Qt Quick Controls 2:
    Styles ................................. Default Fusion Imagine Material Universal
    Qt Quick Templates 2:
    Hover support .......................... yes
    Multi-touch support .................... yes
    Qt Positioning:
    Gypsy GPS Daemon ....................... no
    WinRT Geolocation API .................. no
    Qt Location:
    Qt.labs.location experimental QML plugin . yes
    Geoservice plugins:
    OpenStreetMap ........................ yes
    HERE ................................. yes
    Esri ................................. yes
    Mapbox ............................... yes
    MapboxGL ............................. yes
    Itemsoverlay ......................... yes
    QtXmlPatterns:
    XML schema support ..................... yes
    Qt Multimedia:
    ALSA ................................... yes
    GStreamer 1.0 .......................... no
    GStreamer 0.10 ......................... yes
    Video for Linux ........................ yes
    OpenAL ................................. no
    PulseAudio ............................. yes
    Resource Policy (libresourceqt5) ....... no
    Windows Audio Services ................. no
    DirectShow ............................. no
    Windows Media Foundation ............... no
    Qt Tools:
    QDoc ................................... no
    Qt WebEngine:
    Embedded build ......................... no
    Full debug information ................. no
    Pepper Plugins ......................... yes
    Printing and PDF ....................... yes
    Proprietary Codecs ..................... no
    Spellchecker ........................... yes
    Native Spellchecker .................... no
    WebRTC ................................. yes
    Use System Ninja ....................... no
    Geolocation ............................ yes
    WebChannel support ..................... yes
    Use v8 snapshot ........................ yes
    Kerberos Authentication ................ no
    Support qpa-xcb ........................ no
    Use ALSA ............................... yes
    Use PulseAudio ......................... yes
    Optional system libraries used:
    re2 .................................. no
    icu .................................. no
    libwebp, libwebpmux and libwebpdemux . no
    opus ................................. no
    ffmpeg ............................... no
    libvpx ............................... no
    snappy ............................... no
    glib ................................. yes
    zlib ................................. yes
    minizip .............................. no
    libevent ............................. no
    jsoncpp .............................. no
    protobuf ............................. no
    libxml2 and libxslt .................. no
    lcms2 ................................ no
    png .................................. no
    JPEG ................................. no
    harfbuzz ............................. no
    freetype ............................. no
    Required system libraries:
    fontconfig ........................... yes
    dbus ................................. yes
    nss .................................. no
    khr .................................. no
    glibc ................................ yes
    Required system libraries for qpa-xcb:
    x11 .................................. yes
    libdrm ............................... yes
    xcomposite ........................... no
    xcursor .............................. no
    xi ................................... yes
    xtst ................................. no

Note: Also available for Linux: linux-clang linux-icc

Note: No wayland-egl support detected. Cross-toolkit compatibility disabled.

WARNING: QDoc will not be compiled, probably because libclang could not be located. This means that you cannot build the Qt documentation.

Either ensure that llvm-config is in your PATH environment variable, or set LLVM_INSTALL_DIR to the location of your llvm installation.
    On Linux systems, you may be able to install libclang by installing the libclang-dev or libclang-devel package, depending on your distribution.
    On macOS, you can use Homebrew's llvm package.
    On Windows, you must set LLVM_INSTALL_DIR to the installation path.

WARNING: gperf is required to build QtWebEngine.

WARNING: bison is required to build QtWebEngine.

WARNING: flex is required to build QtWebEngine.

Qt is now configured for building. Just run 'make'.
    Once everything is built, you must run 'make install'.
    Qt will be installed into '/home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase'.

Prior to reconfiguration, make sure you remove any leftovers from
    the previous build.

• Moderators

The only error I see here is about QtScxml module which you probably don't need, try skipping it.

Looks like the error did not prevent configure from completing so you can probably ignore it, too.

• Sigh. When I skip qtscxml, I get this:

$ make -j 4
    In file included from /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/qcollator.cpp:41:0:
    /home/pi/qt-everywhere-src-5.12.9/qtbase/src/corelib/tools/qcollator_p.h:57:19: fatal error: QVector: No such file or directory
    #include <QVector>
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    make[3]: *** [.obj/qcollator.o] Error 1
    make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    make[2]: *** [sub-corelib-make_first] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-src-make_first] Error 2
    make: *** [module-qtbase-make_first] Error 2

• Moderators

Whoa, that's very unusual! Not sure how it can be fixed, I've never seen Qt compilation fail to find QVector, sorry.

• @sierdzio No worries. Thanks very much for your help to this point. I'll play with it a bit more and see what I can figure out. Good to know it's unusual, as maybe I can find some anomaly in my environment causing it.

• Lifetime Qt Champion

Hi,

One thing that might help: are you cleaning up properly between two configure calls ? Even better: use out of source builds so when something goes wrong you can nuke the folder and start from scratch rather than having to clean the sources every time.

• @SGaist I create a folder inside the src folder, called qt-biuld. Then I do

cd qt-build
    ../configure -prefix ../qtbase <other configure args>

When I need to do another build, I delete qt-build and repeat the above steps.

I think that cleans it up completely, right? It's way faster than running make clean, which takes literally most of the day on the pi.

I think I'll try a later source version. I ran it several times and I keep getting that same error, which seems to be caused by some inconsistency in the source files, not a problem with an external dependency.

• Moderators

@MLeone said in Using qmake and it can't find qtquickcontrols2:

@SGaist I create a folder inside the src folder, called qt-biuld. Then I do
    -prefix ../qtbase

You are installing (make install) into qtbase, so it's not a clean build. Pick a different install target directory, like $PWD or something entirely different.